The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is FEAR Driving the World?

Is FEAR Driving the World?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Almost 90 years ago Franklin D Roosevelt famously said; "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Is Roosevelt's phrase still relevant today? I grew up during the Cold War era when fear of nuclear annihilation was front and centre, remember the clock, with its dramatic "its one minute to midnight", maybe it was, but then again maybe the clock never got past 8PM and "they" were just using fear as a mechanism of control. The danger of nuclear annihilation is still with us today, although it seems to have taken a back seat to other more pressing fears.

The great fear today is of course the pandemic, which is real and extremely dangerous, just look at India and elsewhere and one realises the dangers. Here in Australia some would say the pandemic fear has been over stated so "they" can more easily control the population. Just when things seem to be getting back to normal, with some degree of calm, a fear is thrown out to spook the populace, eg some non descript PS saying; "the drums of war are beating" a spook chimes in with "expect a terrorist attack soon". If its not that its something else, anything, cockroaches in your cornflakes!

My question is how fearful are you, what in the world do you fear no end, and how does fear affect your life. BTW, some of us do have a genuine fear of the dark, or thunder storms, or someone stealing my Teddy Bear, I'm asking besides those internal personal fears, fears of the World you might have.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 1 May 2021 6:24:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fear is obviously being used by the Green, Marxist Left - climate change nonsense is their mainstay, currently bolstered by lockdowns,tracking and surveillance. Now they are trying to add 'health passports' to have people acting like black South Africans with passes during the apartheid era; 'show us your papers' Nazi or Stasi style. Mass immigration is a tactic to keep workers underpaid and docile. Critical race theory is another fear based weapon to cause unrest and suspicion. Their cancel culture tactics and constant attacks on democracy cause fear. They use social media in a particularly nasty and threatening manner.

I am surprised that an adherent of fear-based Green Marxist politics has to ask this question.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 1 May 2021 10:09:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When a bit of fear doesn't work, they rev it up.

As from Monday, anyone arriving from India will face 5 years jail or a $66,000 fine.

For the first time, Australian CITIZENS will be banned from entering their own country, with penalties on the books for doing so.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 1 May 2021 10:59:51 AM
Hi Paul,

I am fearful of COVID. And of getting the jab - because
of blood clots.

Sometime ago I developed a cough - and was taken to
hospital. They placed me in a "COVID" area overnight.
It scared the living daylights out of me. It was like
a mortuary. Anyway I was COVID tested and released the
following morning. The tests proved negative (Thank God),
and all was well. However, it's not something I'd want
to go through again.

So, yes - I am fearful. And I appreciate the fact that
our governments are taking steps to protect us from
people who may be carriers of this dreadful pandemic -
especially if they've travelled and been in any "at risk"
areas.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 May 2021 12:12:58 PM
Foxy,

There is a difference between fear and hypochondria.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 1 May 2021 12:56:25 PM
ttbn,

Yes. But I know of at least one hypochondriac
who ended up dead because no one believed him.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 May 2021 1:03:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy