The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia and the Great New Depression

Australia and the Great New Depression

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
ttbn, as others are interested in today's events, you might not be so, as you slumber in your easy chair down at the 'Sleepy Pines' aged care facility hoping the "Big C Virus" don't come knock'n on the door. Like Indy and a couple of other forum Old Farts, I suspect you haven't worked for 30 years or more, content living off the public purse in the form of an aged pension. With snout firmly in the trough you think you are safe from any economic hard times, the taxpayer will continue to support you in your old age, but for millions of Australians which you don't give a toss about, they and their families are going to do it tough in these hard economic times. For the lemmings like you, off to the cliff top nothing to see here.

Hassy, your spray against the Victorians is somewhat off the mark, yes Victoria is a economic problem, so is the Liberal led New South Wales where GDP in the June quarter dropped by 8.6%, suck on that one. All that has been hinted at by the Morrison government is cuts to their 'Jobkeeper' and 'Jobseeker' programs and some early tax cuts to high end taxpayers, which will marginally help some that have a job. As Morrison demands of Andrews, a road map out of the states lockdown, we should be demanding of Morrison a road map to economic recovery.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 3 September 2020 2:24:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

Josh Frydenberg has outlined the government's economic
plan to get Australians back to work and the economy
back on the up. This includes:

1) Investing in infrastructure.
2) Creating 340,000 new skills training places.
3) More flexibility in our Industrial Relations system.
4) Cutting Red Tape.
5) Creating incentives for businesses to invest.

To name just a few.

As I've stated previously - we're in good hands.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 September 2020 2:47:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

These are just everyday tactics that don't require much of an imagination and just presents a business as usual approach for a post-WuFlu world.

Australia needs to rethink its economic system and start restructuring the economy in order to be less dependent on foreign nations for when something like this pandemic happens again. And something will happen.

With regards China it looks like Australia is realigning with other nations both economically and militarily to exclude China from any further involvement in Australia. I think we should never have reached this stage but that's just me. If I had my way I would cancel all visas held my the Chinese in Australia and send them packing to China. They are nothing but a bunch of parasites and troublemakers.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 3 September 2020 4:45:00 PM
Hi Foxy,

My concern is for those that will fall through the cracks, the unemployed, the low income earners, the already struggling families, people battling in small business, and a host of other marginalised people. There are rumblings from the government of a return to free market policies. What is in store for those suffering from mortgage and rental stress as incomes fall and the moratorium on payments end.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 3 September 2020 5:07:01 PM
Paul1405,

One of the things that pandemics leave in their ware is mass poverty.

We have yet to see the recession peak. Unemployment is currently about 7.5% and I think we will get to 10% by the end of the year and who knows how high it will go after that.

A lot of people will lose there homes which will probably be snapped up by cashed up Chinese for a song.

Expect to see a lot of poverty over the next couple of years if a vaccine against the WuFlu is still unavailable.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 3 September 2020 5:40:54 PM
Mr O,

No one believes that "official" unemployment figure of 7.5%, not even good old Josh Friedbrain, he admits it about 15%. China, how well they're doing, once that get their people off that under priced cheap piss from Aussie the sky's the limit! Job, jobs, jobs, down at the Wuhan Wet Market, they might even have something for you, what are you like at knocking off Pangolins, I believe they are rather tasty fricasseed over a slow fire, or whipping up a batch of bat soup for hungry hoards? Count you in?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 3 September 2020 7:55:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy