The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What do you Like Or Dislike About This Forum?

What do you Like Or Dislike About This Forum?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 29
  11. 30
  12. 31
  13. All
Jimmy2shoes,

Going by your comment re my suggestion that LinkedIn can give one an indication of the extent to which the Australian education system is manipulated by foreign students seeking a back door to permanent residency I would say that it has just dawned on you that this practice has been going on for so long right under your nose.

And it is people like you who have been turning a blind eye to the Chinese over the past 30 years and now look at the position we are in with China. It took the WuFlu to bring it to the surface and expose China for what it really is.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 27 June 2020 9:56:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The thing I like most about OLO is that posts are only ever removed due to abuse, or advertising. It doesn't matter how wrong or far out an idea may be, we are allowed to express it. When I first found the internet & OLO, I was amazed at how many lefties & greenies there are in the world, or how many of them post on forums.

Sorry Foxy, but your links and reference sources no longer impress me. Hell some of them refer to the ABC, or even the Guardian for gods sake. I was originally a bit of a greenie, although never a lefty. As a young bloke, I actually simply accepted the stuff put out by academia, with out question. Why would they not tell the truth? I assumed that if they got it wrong, the mainstream would correct them pretty quickly. So I "knew" we were stuffing the marine ecosystem, & wanted to get out there to see it before it & the people were too much changed.

So then I went sailing. 53,000 nautical miles later I knew that 97% of the stuff I had been reading was utter garbage. I even realised why it was so. The competition for research grants encouraged first stretching the truth, then utterly ignoring it to get the cash.

As an example check out the thread on Jennifer Marohasy's blog. She shows where a James Cook team ran a couple of traverses across the dead drying coral flat at Bowen, & claimed this proved all inner reefs were ALL dead. 30 meters away she filmed hundreds of acres of thriving coral on the edge of the flat, which did not dry.
Continued
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 27 June 2020 11:25:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Continued.
Any Queensland school kid, who does a bit of fishing knows drying flats are dead. Can a marine scientist not know this? Can a marine scientist lie through their teeth, by conducting an "experiment" to "prove" a lie? This is one of the thousands of examples that prove many references to scientific studies is an exercise in proving that which is a total lie.

The Marohasy research helped prove that everything Peter Ridd said about James Cook, & it's marine "research" was totally true. You can not believe a single thing coming out of James Cook marine department. This now being well proven & accepted in a court of law, is there any reason to believe anything else coming from that institution is any closer to the truth? I very much doubt it.

Hundreds of hours diving on reefs off major cities, & off isolated tropical atolls, building jetties, & a couple of months with the shark callers of the Solomon islands, has taught me enough to know when some marine professor is trying to com me, & the world. I know enough about a few other subjects to see the same con job being pulled in other areas.

It is bad enough to now make me doubt anything coming out of academia. The total stuff up with the Coronavirus has simply increased my disbelief in their ability to get very much right, before bursting into print.

So Foxy don't bother with references, just tell us what you have totally proven to your own satisfaction.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 27 June 2020 11:25:40 AM
Hasbeen

I reached similar conclusions to you. I barely passed high school and automatically assumed that the 'academics' knew best. Somehow my second son was gifted with my wife's genes. He won a scholarship to do a phd at a major Australian uni in sciences (believe me not). That is one of the main reasons I don't use my name. No doubt his career would be shattered having a creationist father. That is how low Marxist have gone. He was brought up with a few years home schooling and yr 11 and 12 at Regional State school. When I ask him about quotas, gender stuff and integrity at academia level he just shakes his head.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 27 June 2020 11:36:24 AM
Hi again Foxy,

Before GY discovered computers this is how the forum operated;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_PWm2zgbg
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 27 June 2020 11:44:41 AM
I think OLO is a great service to those who care one way or another because those who don't care couldn't be bothered to contribute anyway.
Anyhow, the bulk of my quips & remarks is based on what I have experienced (which is mostly disputed by the Rose-coloured glasses brigade) & what is flung at me by them !
Thank you Graham Young for providing this service & I hope that "Govt people" read it because
there are some good ideas for policy making for Govt on OLO !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 27 June 2020 11:45:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 29
  11. 30
  12. 31