The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Uncertain Road Ahead for Australia.

The Uncertain Road Ahead for Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Phil,

Do you get the feeling Australia is caught in the middle of a tug-o-war between China and the US? Each has hold of an arm and pushing and shoving from each side, leaving us with nowhere to go.

I think China will win. There are a lot more Chinese in Australia than there are Americans and China has a card up its sleeve: Andrew Forrest.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 25 May 2020 12:54:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

We've got the extra funding federally that Josh Frydenberg
over estimated and surely investing in jobs and employment
would result in enriching the economy for us all?
To do nothing and wait will only result in the situation
worsening.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 25 May 2020 1:18:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
until we mine more coal and uranium we are not serious about wanting future generations to prosper.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 May 2020 1:36:04 PM
I'm a bit concerned when lefty's come out and promote spending to deal with problems. I tend to agree with Hasbeen here. But Kevin Rudd did ok during the GFC- basically infrastructure projects- I haven't had a chance to fully understand the reasons for its success- but it seemed to have factors related very specifically to the home loan market. We should probably wait until the social restrictions are over and the economy rises in Australia before starting in my view- relaxing of restrictions will stimulate the economy. We should look at potential opportunities- see what happens. There are already stimulus packages for business and individuals. Retailers are really suffering because they have to pay rent during the crisis without income- I really feel for them- but there doesn't seem to be a solution. I've occasionally seen the left promote spending for tactical reasons- classical military strategy- if you can convince your enemy to misuse their resources you can destroy them.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 25 May 2020 1:36:44 PM
Foxy,

We don't need that $60 billion any more!

We can get all the money we need signing up for China's Belt and Road Initiative like Victoria has done.

If it works for you Victorians why can't it work for the rest of us? There might even be enough left over for Phil to buy a new yacht or racing car.

All we have to do to repay such generosity is open our borders to the tens of millions of people the CCP is trying to reunite with their families in Australia. That's not a big thing to ask in return for more jobs and growth. As Tony Abbott would probably say between munching on raw unpeeled onions: "It's good for Australia, It's good for jobs."

What do reckon Foxy? Maybe Andrew Forrest could buy some TV time for his mates to tell all about the benefits of the Belt and Road Initiative.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 25 May 2020 1:46:30 PM
Isn't amazing the number of people wanting to spend that $B60 that we
never had in the first place !
No wonder there is such nonsense pushed out when that is the level of
the knowledge displayed by even some Labour pollies !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 25 May 2020 2:54:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy