The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Malcolm Turnbull: A Bigger Picture

Malcolm Turnbull: A Bigger Picture

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
Foxy,

"Not sure that your description of Gladys
Berejiklian is correcT".

OK. I'll grant that she is not really glamourous.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 30 April 2020 2:59:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

And as Judge Judy says - "Beauty doesn't last,
but stupid is forever."
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 30 April 2020 3:16:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Here is an example of stupidity that Gladys undoubtedly has a hand in, it's some proposed firearms legislation and here is a definition from it that I took from Australian Hunting Net in the following copy of a post there.

Quote:
"Not being in NSW but, the part that would worry me is the lack of specificity in the Firearm Precursor definition.
In this section and in section 51K—
firearm precursor means any object, device, substance, material or document used or capable of being used in the process of manufacturing a firearm or firearm part, including (but not limited to) the following—
(a) moulds for making firearm parts,
(b) milling, casting or rifling equipment,
(c) digital blueprints within the meaning of section 51F,
(d) computer software or plans.
(4) This section applies in relation to a person regardless of whether a firearm or firearm part is actually manufactured.

So I make ride on miniature steam locomotives and have a milling machine, lathe etc and am a LFO so according to that I would be in breach of the regulation.

Dick"

Note 4 above.

ANYONE possessing the means of manufacturing a firearm comes under that, and a firearm under the Act can be made with such basic equipment as a file, a hacksaw and a hand drill.
It is so open-ended that thousands of people would be instant criminals if it were enacted.

The SF&F Party exists to try to stop this totalitarian garbage.

And if anyone thinks that sophisticated machinery is needed to make guns then,
"In the arcades off the main road are workshops. Hundreds of closet-sized rooms where men and boys make working copies of the entire world's guns with nothing more than hand tools and a small drill press"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darra_Adam_Khel
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 1 May 2020 4:48:09 PM
Is Mise,

The more I read your current posts - the more
I'm really becoming very impressed.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 May 2020 5:01:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy