The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Government aid to corporations

Government aid to corporations

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Hey ttbn,
"It went with barely a whimper, and Qantas ruled."

There was a whimper alright, from the Ansett employees that lost all their entitlements.
One of my close relatives was a long serving employee.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 10:52:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

I know. But the majority doesn't care about the loss of relatively few jobs as long as theirs is OK.

I don't fly very often any more. When I used to go overseas, my travel agent was always keen to save money on flights and book better accommodation. The 'cheap' flights were never Qantas. They were Singapore or Malaysia, with very good service. The odd time I flew domestically with Qantas I found the cabin crews to be barely civil and grudging with service. Mind you, I wouldn't get on a Malaysian Airlines plane now, given their recent history.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 11:20:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Unions killed off Ansett, Virgin is being let down by its shareholders !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 22 April 2020 10:45:35 PM
individual, what makes you think the unions killed off Ansett?
Ansett's big problem with unions occurred, and was sorted, more than a decade before the collapse.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 23 April 2020 1:23:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,
It's not that I think unions killed-off Ansett. I was told by several mates who were Ansett Pilots !
Too many benefits for those higher up on the ladder !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 23 April 2020 6:50:36 AM
Should Australia follow suit?
SteeleRedux,
Most definitely ! I just wonder what excuses Private Super funds will invent to get out of paying out ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 23 April 2020 7:17:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy