The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > HOW ARE YOU COPING?

HOW ARE YOU COPING?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hi Foxy, its like making a brawn, or lambs tongue, one of "T" favourites is kina, (sea urchin). A little while back I mentioned 'pigs trotters' to my sons partner over the phone, she didn't know what I was talk about. Thought eating pigs feet was disgusting. When I told her about the joy of eating 'sweet breads' she was even more disgusted..."How can you!" she said.

Mr O, a variation on the Galah joke;

Put the BAT in a boiler with a BRICK, cover with water and boil until the BRICK is soft........Then throwaway the BAT, and eat the BRICK! Yum!

Mr O, who in their right mind would eat bat, when there is lovely rat on the table, certainly not me! Scorpions are on special this week at the Wuhan Wet Market, 'Fongs 1Kg Fronzen Scorpions' half price at 50 yuan a pack! get em' before they all run out! Due to hording Scorpions are limited to 1 pack per customer, but you can buy as much Aussie toilet paper as you like, there is an over supply in China, where did it all come from, I wonder.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 6 April 2020 1:41:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul1405,

Please, we are trying to have a serious discussion here on Steaks, Scotch, and Soy Sauce, and all you can do is make fun at the Chinese penchant for eating filthy disgusting things that cause plagues and pandemics.

All you will end up doing is upsetting The Forum's Old Farts Club members who are starting to think it may not be a bad idea to try a bit of Wuhan bat soup for themselves. They do have a lot of bats up in Qld and Hasbeen and mhaze being engineers have probably already worked out exactly how many bowls of bat soup they can get out of the local park.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 6 April 2020 2:21:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes I know how to handle bats Mr O. Just as they did in Townsville in 1946.

A huge colony of bats with their stink, noise & viruses moved into the mangroves in Ross creek, at the western end of the city center. Fortunately the best part of a division of the army, just back from Borneo was in town, with lots of experience of the perfect weapon to fix the problem.

They took their flame throwers down to the creek & cooked the lot of them. Pity you weren't there, you could have eaten your fill. It was years before they appeared in numbers around Townsville again.

I did that braised steak for dinner tonight. Just for me, the lady is off for a while minding the 3 year old grand daughter, so daughter can work from home less disturbed. Lots of union & carrots, & a baked spud done at the same time. Not a patch on my mothers, I think she used to thicken the gravy with corn flower but good enough that I won't have to eat again for a day or two.

I'll have to go shopping tomorrow, no bread available in the order delivered today. I'm thinking of going to Woodenbong for it. Only 94 kilometers away, through the wilds of the boarder ranges. Shouldn't be much virus way out there, & I'm sure a 188 kilometer run, top down in the old sports car will do me more good than being cooped up inside, or driving the shopping trolley into the big smoke for it.

Honestly officer, I'm just going for the bread!
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 6 April 2020 7:42:58 PM
Hasbeen,

I'd think twice about your trip to Woodenbong. You're not allowed to cross the Qld/NSW border because of the Wuhan virus. That plus we just don't want you Wuhan bat soup munchers in NSW anyway.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 6 April 2020 8:38:31 PM
Thanks for that Mr O, I'd forgotten about the boarder shut down.
Guess it will have to be Killarney. Not as small or isolated as Woodenbong, but should be still free of the problem.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 6 April 2020 8:48:59 PM
One good move by the Govt to prevent unnecessary stress during isolation would be to get the wind up all the TV stations to do smarter programming with more intelligent content !
Ease off those hyper-frequent commercials & show more sensible documentaries that can put the viewers into a more relaxed mood, thus preventing domestic conflict !
As we're told continually, we're all in this together. That must include TV programmers !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 April 2020 12:46:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy