The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Get woke go broke

Get woke go broke

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Rache,

I don't know where you pull these figures from, but the tax breaks offered to fossil fuel producers (tax breaks for farmers and large industrial consumers) are tiny fraction of income tax received and are similar to those given to many other industries.

That the motor industry in Aus was never sustainable without vast protection was known from the start, and has cost consumers and taxpayers $bns from the very beginning, and from the point where trade agreements meant that tariffs had to drop this ALP vanity project was doomed.

That SR tried to lay the blame at the feet of the liberals is why I had call out his lies and demonstrate that the vast majority of blame lies with Labor.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 5 April 2020 9:51:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

You wrote; "That SR tried to lay the blame at the feet of the liberals is why I had call out his lies and demonstrate that the vast majority of blame lies with Labor."

Is this really what you are reduced to?

It was the Libs who were instrumental in withdrawing the bulk of support for the car industry no matter how venial you want to be in attempting to shift the blame. That the Libs pulled the rug out is not a lie and don't try and rewrite the history on this.

You are worse than Trump attempting to blame Obama for his own response to the Coronavirus.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 5 April 2020 1:12:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,

Have you noticed how Shadow Minister will go out of his way not to put any blame for our current demise on China? I'm starting to think he might turn out to be the love child of Gladys Liu and Xi Jinping. I bet before long he starts blaming Arts graduates for starting the Wuhan virus pandemic.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 5 April 2020 2:25:18 PM
Wow, great to see the old sparring partners reappearing one by one ! This OLO thing is more addictive than drugs !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 5 April 2020 6:24:58 PM
SR,

Under labor 2 of the 4 car manufacturers announced that they were pulling out. The other 2 had already retrenched about 70% of their work force and had lost about 70% of their part of the local market.

By 2014 the car industry was essentially dead, and the liberals refused to increase the subsidy further as the taxpayer was already paying more than 100% of the payroll.

Another pile of crap left by labor for the coalition to clean up.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 April 2020 3:59:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy