The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Jordan Peterson

Jordan Peterson

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
What is forgotten here is that Jordan Peterson is suffering from a progressive hereditary immunity related disease that is continuously painful and debilitating.

That his pain management has become an addiction is no surprise.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 13 February 2020 7:52:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

Park the revisionist nonsense old chap.

"After his wife, Tammy, had terminal kidney cancer diagnosed last April, his dose was increased, leading to physical dependence."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/the-times/jordan-peterson-treated-for-tranquilliser-addiction/news-story/71c285062cda4bd9930c81b36c0a7024

So he obviously had trouble coping after his wife's diagnosis and a dependency has resulted.

He checked himself into rehab about 4 months ago which was unsuccessful and led to him going to Russia for more radical treatment.

What people find confronting is that someone who is so versed in the mechanisms of addiction has found himself a victim. There will be some who are thinking if someone like Peterson can fall into such a spiral then what hope do they have.
Here are some of his videos discussing addiction;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXk2CB2_g2E&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6WQEGULvH8&feature=youtu.be
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 13 February 2020 1:23:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,

The full paragraph was:

"In a video posted online Mikhaila Peterson said that her father started taking benzodiazepines years ago after an “extremely severe auto-immune reaction to food”. After his wife, Tammy, had terminal kidney cancer diagnosed last April, his dose was increased, leading to physical dependence."

So essentially JP has been prescribed a drug to mitigate the painful and debilitating effects of an incurable hereditary disease, and has become addicted to the drug upon which he was relying to get through the day, not as you were trying to imply that this was due to stress breakdown.

On a personal note, my stepfather got addicted to pain medication when he had a serious knee injury. After replacement surgery he went on a detox and managed to kick the habit over a month or two of intense discomfort.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 14 February 2020 8:38:09 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Come on mate, the Petersons are into some pretty kooky stuff including attempting a meat only diet. Which is fine, but this from a Joe Rogan podcast will give you some idea what can result;

"“Well, I have a negative story,” said Peterson. “Both Mikhaila and I noticed that when we restricted our diet and then ate something we weren’t supposed to, the reaction was absolutely catastrophic.” He gives the example of having had some apple cider and subsequently being incapacitated for a month by what he believes was an inflammatory response.

“You were done for a month?”

“Oh yeah, it took me out for a month. It was awful ...”

“Apple cider? What was it doing to you?”

“It produced an overwhelming sense of impending doom. I seriously mean overwhelming. There’s no way I could’ve lived like that. But see, Mikhaila knew by then that it would probably only last a month.”

“A month? From f-ing cider?”

“I didn’t sleep that month for 25 days. I didn’t sleep at all for 25 days.”

“What? How is that possible?”

“I’ll tell you how it’s possible: You lay in bed frozen in something approximating terror for eight hours. And then you get up.”

The question becomes how much of this is self inflicted as in fully hereditary or down to an adopted lifestyle.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 14 February 2020 9:33:31 AM
That Jordan Peterson's daughter had to have several joint replacement surgeries as a teenager would indicate that this is a serious condition. That left whingers such as you and Paul are celebrating their misfortune is sickening but not unexpected.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 14 February 2020 12:58:38 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

You really do come off as a bitter, little, butt hurt piece of garbage sometimes.

Where did I 'celebrate' Peterson's misfortune? Answer, I didn't. No one but an ideologically tainted, blatantly lying reprobate would claim otherwise.

I think when Peterson sticks to his field of expertise he has a real contribution to make. Outside of that field he is just expressing an opinion like anyone else and he is hardly a guru in that sense. Some things he comes out with are way off beam, but so are some of the things I say.

It is people like you who hold him up on a pedestal who seem to be the most betrayed by his fallibility and wanting to strike out at others.

Time to pull your head in.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 14 February 2020 1:39:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy