The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who Would Want To Be Prime Minister Of Australia?

Who Would Want To Be Prime Minister Of Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
I rather like threads that develop a life of their own, & go wandering off across subjects.

So you can all fee free to hijack any I start, any time you like.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 January 2020 8:32:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there STEELEREDUX...

Your politics my friend is so far to the Left, it's a wonder you don't fall off the edge and become a card-carrying communist! I always thought you were a Labour acolyte, but I was wrong, ol' mate, you're a dyed in the wool commie. And yes, to answer a question you posed to me, years ago now, if when I was still in South Vietnam, and I had that fellow in my sights - I would've emptied my entire magazine of 7.62 right into the traitors seen centre mass! I hope you and yours have a very happy 2020 Steele.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 13 January 2020 10:37:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu,

And a very happy 2020 to you good sir.

Now after reviewing my posts on this thread it appears the only thing you might be referring to is my defense of the ABC. That apparently in your eyes deserves the charge of a card carrying communist. Well I hate to break it to you but there are literally millions of Australians who value and are prepared to support our national broadcaster.

Therefore old chum, it looks like there might well be one under every bed after all. It might pay you to employ a couple of vigorous thrusts with the garden fork before slipping under the covers tonight. One can never be too careful.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 13 January 2020 11:09:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reading through the comments to this thread, I am reminded of the parallel between anyone who criticises decisions made by the Israeli government is quickly derided as being 'antisemitic', so too is anyone who dares criticise ScoMo from Marketing immediately cast as a "Marxist/Greenie" by right wing zealots. Both accusations are becoming boringly predictable, lack intellectual rigor and are simply wrong.
Posted by Aries54, Monday, 13 January 2020 1:12:02 PM
It is amazing that I seem to be the only one on here that has any idea
how the emergency management system works.
The army does not need a GG permission to respond to a request.
My understanding is that only applies to the Reserve.
That is done, historically, to prevent a politician from calling out
his own army.
The Federal Govt has NO PART in the operations unless a request is
received form the Emergency operations centre. The State government
does not need to make the actual request it can done my the Emergency
management commander. Normally the state minister is consulted.

We are plagued by two or three of the pileon brigade.
You know who they are, just don't reply to them, they will starve to death.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 13 January 2020 1:35:46 PM
Comrade SteeleRedux, Greetings from Comrade Stalin,

I know a lot of things are said on the Forum, that are not meant, and are not true, being more of the cut and thrust of the debate, but to perceive Steeleredux as a "card carrying communist" and believe it is ridiculous. It wouldn't be so bad if the bloke making the accusation was just another one of the old dotty posters, who when not making those kinds of rabid comments was out pottering in the garden, and had done so for all of his life.

However I understand the now retired gentleman who made the comment was once a gun carrying military man, and a copper of some rank, I shudder. Now I can understand how easy it was in the past to lead some Australians by the nose into wars and such like when you have "thinkers" in society like this particular gentleman.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 January 2020 6:32:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11