The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Murdoch's Australian Newspaper relegating fires to page 4

Murdoch's Australian Newspaper relegating fires to page 4

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Josephus,

You wrote;

"The Police have charged over 200 people with arson and cautioned about 50 people with illegally lighting fires. We do not have a Climate Crisis that causes fires; we have an arson crisis of mentally deranged people."

Which was an absolute crock of lies.

Where are you getting this stuff? Pulling it out of your arse? Most of the fires through his period are from lightening strikes. I don't know of any of the major fires around Christmas being lit by an arsonist.

We have come to expect utter garbage from you but this is on another level. Made up drivel.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 8 January 2020 11:43:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately Steele the climate deniers will go to any lengths, tell any lie they can to deflect from the real causes of bushfires at this time. As of yesterday 21 people have been charged with arson offences since the bushfires began. Not the 200 Fr Joe and the Murdoch gutter press would have us believe. A large number have been cautioned, over such things as lighting a backyard BBQ on a total fire ban day.

Just like the dill brain from the Liberal Party on the 'Drum' who claimed it was the Greens who are against controlled burns to achieve hazard reduction. When it was pointed out that it is indeed Greens policy to support hazard reduction burns, she claimed "Well it used to be their policy, I think." What a bimbo.

The facts are in the winter of 2016 when Sydney was chocked for 4 days with smoke due to controlled burns, people were up in arms and the National Parks and CFA people were the big nasties for polluting their fair city, according to the right wing radio shock jocks!

State governments, with federal assistance, will have to look closely at how much they allocate for front line services that are needed to help with both prevention (controlled burns are but one item) and response management to crises situations with bushfires. There is no question that it is going to cost a lot more in the future if we are going to tackle bushfires effectively. Enquires into the whole system of bushfire control is need, and need quickly.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 9 January 2020 6:29:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
will be interesting to how climate policy will play out in coalition govt in next three year election cycle.

What i got from liberal leadership in last week on tv, was a clear statement that global warming was linked to greater human activity. Was i wrong?
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 9 January 2020 10:05:12 AM
Hi Chris,

I would think ScumO' will be hoping for a "Nothing to see here policy" on climate change. Push the line that the his government is "exceeding" all expectations, You asked for one plane, I gave you four!
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 9 January 2020 11:01:34 AM
Paul,

" When it was pointed out that it is indeed Greens policy to support hazard reduction burns,she claimed "Well it used to be their policy, I think." What a bimbo."

It is indeed Greens policy to support hazard reduction burns, hurriedly put in place after they were so roundly condemned for being against such burns prior to the Black Saturday fires in Victoria when over 170 people lost their lives.

Still, better late than never; it will be interesting to see the reaction of Green controlled councils in future.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 9 January 2020 11:34:21 AM
Dear Paul,

What I find rather disconcerting is that someone like Josephus, apparently a self avowed Christian has so little regard for the truth that he would propagate the rubbish with gay abandon.

It is all crap.

"Victoria police say there is no evidence any of the devastating bushfires in the state were caused by arson, contrary to the spread of global disinformation exaggerating arsonist arrests during the current crisis."
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/police-contradict-claims-spread-online-exaggerating-arsons-role-in-australian-bushfires

People like he are really not worthy of the name.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 9 January 2020 12:21:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy