The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where is the CO2 heat?

Where is the CO2 heat?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Thanks Fester remember to take the s off to get your link to work will go to it now
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 November 2019 6:08:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been reading these articles and I don't know what to make of it can anyone help me please

The rise of solar power is jeopardising the WA energy grid, and it's a lesson for all of Australia
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-01/rise-of-rooftop-solar-power-jeopardising-wa-energy-grid/11731452

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the lesson?

"Another was giving the system operator greater control over people's solar panels, which he said would make it easier to balance supply and demand and prevent the risk of solar overloading the grid.

This could allow AEMO to 'spill' surplus solar power, rather than have to accommodate it in a way that put the grid under stress."

"One of the advantages we have in Western Australia is because we haven't followed down the sale pathway of privatisation, we can respond very quickly," Mr Johnston said.

I honestly don't know where to begin with some of the garbage going on today.
Look at this stuff.
You don't brag about not privatising when you face a loss of $657 million which the general public have to foot the bill for, because of someone else's poor planning.

Power retailer Synergy posts financial loss of $656 million as rooftop solar panels impact profit
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-26/wa-power-retailer-synergy-posts-massive-financial-loss/11550420

"What's of more concern, though, is that every Western Australian family will ultimately pay for this loss."

So after promoting solar now they want to spill that solar generated power to safeguard the government owned coal-generated power, which they're happily taking a loss on (to save consumers money ironically), after their government owned company spent all this money on solar as well themselves to meet global renewable energy targets.

"Mr Waters highlighted Synergy's commitment to renewable energy through the Warradarge Wind Farm and the expansion of the Greenough River Solar Farm."

"Both of these projects will help us in achieving our large-scale renewable energy target obligations, maintain control of system security and reliability and create employment opportunities for the Mid West region of the state during the construction phases," he said.

Seriously what the bloody hell is going on here?
What is the lesson?

- I'm seriously confused here -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 1 December 2019 7:17:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi AC,

It's what happens when the decision makers are driven by ideology and have no practical comprehension. There should be a ban on new solar without at least 10kwh of battery storage. It would also be highly desirable to have control systems that can divert excess power to the hot water system or to run appliances.

Cheers
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 1 December 2019 7:45:33 PM
John Howard, on introducing subsys for solar power first saw five thousand dollars the cost to those who got it
They too [then out of my ability to pay] got 60 cents feedback, making cash out of the deal
At that time we and he, did not fully understand the need for batteries
Time passed and those panels got better and cheaper [be warned however some now on sale are bad, very bad be warned
Batteries, we understand them better, the informed of us knew the ability to store that power, for night time use, did not fully exist then
Or even with its best in the country storage SA still lacks that ability
There is the reason we saw the headlines AC talks of
Forget feedback profits, very few get that now, but too see the cheaper panels, many more want and get them
More than can currently be of any use after dark, only stored or newly generated power can give that
Unless we get that storage right? solar after dark, will remain our problem
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 December 2019 5:34:24 AM
diver dan,

Then stop talking about!

It's only you denialists who keep turning it into an argument.

Get yourself a hobby and keep your beak out of subjects you know nothing about and everyone will be much happier for it.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 2 December 2019 6:41:29 AM
Pot, kettle, black.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 2 December 2019 9:25:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy