The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW drivers have license taken away if over the limit

NSW drivers have license taken away if over the limit

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Belly,
What's the prospect of someone retaining their employment if their license is gone for three months ? Nil !
Still being allowed to drive for work will keep a family together instead of making it dysfunctional & become yet another burden on the rest of us.
Laws were created to help & protect people not send them into misery & dependency on welfare.
10% of weekly income for a basic speeding, red light etc fine would bring more revenue, keep roads safer & keep the booked driver away from Centrelink.
You're viewing a fine from a point of punishing, I see it as an opportunity to open the driver's eyes ! If you were to support a National Service instead of opposing it, traffic violations would drastically reduce & less mayhem would result on our roads. Vindictiveness & misplaced kindness have proven to be unworkable, discipline on the other hand has proven to benefit society ! It also ensures more accommodation in jail for real criminals !
Posted by individual, Friday, 17 May 2019 7:40:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

"And in some older drivers using the cruise control may see them ract to trouble very much slower"

Seems that you don't know much about Cruise Control, hitting the brake stops the control instantly and as breaking in an emergency is fairly normal then the reaction time is not impaired in any way by CC.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 17 May 2019 10:34:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
is mise I know that but my claim is still true
Indy fact, a very rich driver will regard a fine as best reason to continue driving badly
Posted by Belly, Friday, 17 May 2019 12:58:30 PM
Belly,

"is mise I know that but my claim is still true"

How is it true?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 17 May 2019 2:29:59 PM
Ise Mise for once I wish my claim was not true
A road worker, for 22 years, another sometimes poster[upset with me because of my view on one nation] could tell
I saw too many dead drivers and others on the Nabiac/Taree/Bulahdelah death strip
Up to four in a single event
Sleepy drivers left the cruise control on and failed to take it of AFTER their car lost control
Too blokes not much older than us, had to be turned around after turning onto the freeway going the wrong way
I am not looking for a war, have your own view but let me have mine
indy,Sydney front page, socialite laughs off 240 parking fines
Take her car away no more smirking at the law
Posted by Belly, Friday, 17 May 2019 3:29:16 PM
Belly,

"Sleepy drivers left the cruise control on and failed to take it of AFTER their car lost control"

That's not the fault of Cruise Control, sleepy drivers drive off the road in manual cars as well.

One thing that CC does is lets one exercise the right leg, which is of particular importance from a health and safety view, especially for anyone subject to Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 17 May 2019 4:39:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy