The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inside the mind of 3 failed suicide bombers

Inside the mind of 3 failed suicide bombers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
3 failed Jihadi suicide bombers on what motivated their attempted attacks

All the veils in the world won't shield us from this.

3 Palestinian women failed suicide bombers on why they wanted to blow up Jews:

"I don't like this life. I want to be close to Allah"

"We are not just against the occupation. Our goal is to spread Islam everywhere"

"I don't want a fun life on Earth. I only want to satisfy Allah"

http://twitter.com/JZahav1/status/1109489358359486464/video/1

http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2019/03/3-failed-jihadi-suicide-bombers-on-what-motivated-their-attempted-attacks.html
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 24 March 2019 3:05:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
What's your take on this ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 March 2019 8:55:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
What's your take on this ?

I can see that the position the Palestinian people find themselves in easily leads some to extremism. Wanting to blow oneself up is certainly extreme. All extremists look for something to justify their actions, which is not always rational but in their mind gives them solace that there is a rightness to be found in their extremism. The women's references to Allah gives them a focus for meaning that there is a legitimate purpose in their actions. No doubt others have influenced these women to act as they have through radicalisation.

Possibly the originator of the thread wants the reader to extrapolate from the actions of three Muslim women, that in isolation the teachings of Islam are so diabolical that they are the catalysts alone for extremism. All acts of terrorism have far deeper roots than the superficial teachings of a religion. That is fortunate for us, because if it was simply a case of the superficial religious teachings being enough to have the devout running off and blowing themselves up as suicide bombers, then in a religion of 1.5 billion adherents instead of talking about three, we would be talking about thousands of such atrocities everyday.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 10:23:06 AM
Paul,

One of your best posts to date.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 10:32:29 AM
then in a religion of 1.5 billion adherents instead of talking about three, we would be talking about thousands of such atrocities everyday.
Paul1405,
Exaggeration is a worn-out tool but if we are to look at recent history instead daily atrocities over the years then yes, you're right it does go into thousands.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 3:55:14 PM
And here is video of Jewish settlers celebrating a wedding by holding up an image of an 18 month old Palestinian baby Ali who was burnt to death following an arson attack. The image was then repeatedly stabbed by guests holding knives. Both his parents also lost their lives after the attack, the mother taking a month to die in agony, while his sister survived although badly burnt.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/video-shows-israelis-celebrating-murder-of-palestinian-toddler/article/453038

Outside the courthouse other Jewish extremists were shouting out "Ali on the grill" to the toddler's family as they entered the court.
http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180620-ali-on-the-grill-outside-court-israelis-taunt-family-of-palestinian-toddler-killed-in-2015-arson-attack/

What determination do we make on the entire Jewish people because of such horrific actions by these settlers? Following individual's stance on culpability it would be all of them no doubt. What do others think?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 4:14:47 PM
Following individual's stance on culpability it would be all of them no doubt. What do others think?
Steele Redux,
I did not infer that, retrieve your hate speech statement or apologise.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 March 2019 11:15:05 PM
Dear individual,

Interesting notion, that something directed at an anonymous single entity on the internet can be classed as hate speech.

Now if I said all old white males are rapists that would of course be engaging in hate speech but you will have to explain why you think what I said qualifies.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 27 March 2019 9:28:08 AM
something directed at an anonymous single entity on the internet can be classed as hate speech.
Steele redux,
That is the insidious nature of hate speech !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 27 March 2019 12:28:08 PM
Steele Redux,
In fact, anyone who, in either speech or writing, opposes decency, respect & the associated responsibility is engaging in Hate speech ! In my opinion there are only two sides we can align ourselves with, good or bad or, conservative vs progressive regress !
Posted by individual, Friday, 29 March 2019 8:35:43 AM
Dear individual,

Philip S gave us a clip from a movie produced by a Jewish film maker in who lives in Tel Aviv of three extremist women and you the extrapolated it to a religion of 1.5 billion adherents.

Very definition of hate speech old chap.

No, you are not on the side of decency or good at all. The exact opposite really.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 1 April 2019 12:40:23 PM
Steele Redux,
deliberate misinterpretation is part of hypocrisy !
Posted by individual, Monday, 1 April 2019 2:07:21 PM
The racists & self-loathers are getting rather quiet in these past few days. What happened ? Did they overdose on their own medicine ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 12:26:15 PM
Hi Steele,

You suggest that " .... if I said all old white males are rapists that would of course be engaging in hate speech .... "

I don't think so, although I would strongly disagree with the first part of the statement, as an old white male. If someone wrote (or said) " .... all old white males are rapists and the bastards should be castrated." that might qualify, especially if the odd passing old while male was pointed at and the speaker urged his 50-strong crowd to grab him and actually castrate him. Of course, for some of us OWMs, it wouldn't make much difference.

i.e. an opinion, no matter how objectionable, may not be 'hate speech'. If it attempts to incite violent action, then certainly it is. Opinions can be engaged with, argued, discussed, ripped apart, and that's one of the cornerstones of a genuinely democratic society. Let a hundred flowers bloom, even stink-weed. Then they can be, let's say, plucked.

Best wishes,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 1:16:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy