The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is There A Better Way Than The Monotheistic Religions?

Is There A Better Way Than The Monotheistic Religions?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
runner,
by the looks of things & goings-on nowadays, he's doing a lot of forgiving or should I say turning a blind eye to those who're causing so much misery .
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 February 2019 12:16:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

A lot of misery and suffering is being created in
His name.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 February 2019 12:48:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual

'by the looks of things & goings-on nowadays, he's doing a lot of forgiving or should I say turning a blind eye to those who're causing so much misery '

If there is no day of judgement for all men you are right in your observation.

Foxy

'Again that depends on your perception of who is
"The One," and what is a sin. All a matter of
what one believes - and interprets. Lots of
competing "truths" out there. Each one convinced
their's is the only one.'

obviously not what Jesus taught. The truth does not depend on what one believes. Some people believe paedophile is ok. You are free to hold your irrational beliefs.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2019 12:53:48 PM
Hi runner,

"Some people believe pedophile is ok."

There's Pro's and Con's to everything.

I used to think that there were 'Pro's and Cons to everything except pedophilia'.
I thought there just can't be any Pro's to that, but I was wrong.

If you wish to compromise someone in power so you have complete control over them, there's no better way than to film them engaged in a sexual act with someone underage.
Then you OWN them for life.
I've little doubt that some secret organisations force adherants to be compromised in some way order to be a part of their group.
It's kind of like the way gangs might have an requirement of murdering someone as part of an initiation.

So, as ugly as it is, there are Pro's and Con's to everything.

Sometimes it's hard to see the ugly truths with only your own values;
- But that doesn't mean that others have the same values you do.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 14 February 2019 1:22:44 PM
Oh and btw 'Crimes' and 'Sins' are two different things.

One is offenses against the law of the land;
While the other is offenses against God.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 14 February 2019 1:25:44 PM
Armchair Critic

I don't disagree with anything you have said. The point I was making is that Jesus taught clearly that their are absolutes. The bible also teaches clearly that He is the only One who can forgive sin.

You might agree, disagree or be unsure about this. Jesus never left room for 'it depends on your perception. ' That is a clear misrepresentation of what He was about and what He accomplished. The bibke teaches clearly that Jesus is the Only One who can forgive sins. Not Buddha. not Mohammed or any of the millions of HIndu gods.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2019 1:35:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All