The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Number of Public servants in Australia.

Number of Public servants in Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Conservative government and their free enterprise mantra, the private sector always does it better. In New South Wales for years the Public Works Department built everything from railways, to roads, without any problems, without any fuss, things got done, the State got what it required through public enterprise. Then the Conservatives came alone with their private enterprise mantra and the stuff ups began. Firstly they sold off all the states juicy plums to their mates at bargain basement prices, GIO Insurance the Rural Bank etc, it all went in a great sell off. Of course they left the State holding on to the costly millstones, like the NSW Railways, no thought of sell that, there is no money to be made. Then new infrastructure was contracted out. A good example is the 12km light rail project, what a disaster! A case of employ a electrician when you require a plumber. The Spanish contractor is a disaster, no experience at all, and is now suing the State for $2.1 billion, claiming they were lied to. The project is way behind schedule, its all in the courts, and the taxpayer is going to be out of pocket billions of dollars, thanks to the Conservatives and their free enterprise mantra, its certainly not free!

Someone mentioned 'Hard Boiled' Newman in Queensland, and how he sacked 20,000 public servants. The voters soon woke up to who was the most useless public servant of the lot, and sacked him.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 15 November 2018 8:24:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip S,
>"Just out of interest who has given you the job of speaking on there behalf."
ITYM "...their behalf?"

In this context, "ours" meant "Australia's". As an Australian citizen I don't need anyone else's permission to speak for the national interest. Everyone else is, of course, free to dispute what I say - but I notice you're avoiding doing so yet again!
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 15 November 2018 8:53:08 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was a public servant for years, working for the health dept in three states. I have a granddaughter working in the NT government finance section who does at least 8 hours overtime a week because they are so short staffed.
Certainly Centrelink is not overstaffed, judging by the wait times in both their offices and telephone service.
What I saw as the biggest problem was the inability to sack incompetent workers who had permanent eemployment . These workers got shuffled around different departments in an effort to disguise their incompetence.
I see these days that many public service jobs are offered on contract basis, which is good for weeding out the poor workers but not so good for financial stability.
Posted by Big Nana, Thursday, 15 November 2018 10:30:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did any one watch "Four Corners" on Monday
evening (12/11/2018)? It was focused on
the ABC's sacking of Managing Director,
Michelle Guthrie, and the resignation of
former Chairman, Justin Milne. Both were
interviewed and each gave their versions
of events. It was disturbing to watch -
and even more disturbing that Michelle
Guthrie ended up accusing Milne of
"inappropriate touching," which she is now
pursuing in a lawsuit.

Who's telling the truth? - hard to tell.
Maybe, we'll learn the truth - in days,
months, years, to come. The ABC deserved
better than what they got.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 15 November 2018 11:19:52 AM
Aidan Little troll out trolling again.

Quote "I don't need anyone else's permission to speak for the national interest."
The fact you claim it is for national interest does not necessarily make it so.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 15 November 2018 5:48:06 PM
Little troll,
>The fact you claim it is for national interest does not necessarily make it so.

DUH!!
(Hence the rest of my post this morning)
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 15 November 2018 7:35:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy