The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When I laugh it hurts

When I laugh it hurts

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Tony Lavis yes what was I thinking of? must be the wild turkey, good drop.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 4:09:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris, a topic close to my heart. I only drink 'Black' I agree with Toni with an "i" 'Carton Black' is a preferred drop to 'Tooheys Old'. Although the best I've had on tap is in New Zealand 'Speight's 5 Malt Old Dark'. In the bottle I pick up a 6 pak of 'Monteith's Black' also Kiwi beer from the Big Irishman Dan Murphy for $16. Just to show I don't favour the Kiwi's that killer drew they all drink 'Lion Red' is on a par with 'VB' a shocker!
Me Old Man (also an Old drinker) down at the pub a bit pissed, after about 6 schooners at times, used to point to a glass of the amber fluid and say; "Son... blokes who drink that stuff, don't like BEER!" A bit of a philosopher was the Old Man.
In the winter I have a couple of pints of "Guinness" at the RSL $6 during Happy Hour. A steak in a glass they call it.

p/s Chris you're not bunging it on about this black ban are you. My RSL dropped 'TED' (my wife would drink that) from the tap, not because someone complained about a bloke named Ted, but rather sales were low, and not worth putting a keg of it on, now she's on to 'Carton Draught' well, it takes all kind.

http://speights.co.nz/products/craft/speights-5-malt-old-dark?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 August 2018 6:15:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, you rekindled my memory 'Tooheys Newcastle Old' a beer of excellence if ever there was one. Is it still produced? 'Tooheys Old' is not the same.
'Wild Turkey' over priced phony American whiskey! You drink that stuff? Indeed.

p/s Don't ask for black beer in the US, don't know what you're taking about, want to give you something called 'Budweiser' it bad enough to make you want to drink XXXX.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 August 2018 6:29:11 AM
Sorry to hear of the passing of Aretha Franklin, one of the truly great Soul singers of the 20th Century. RIP Aretha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ifw8JhDBvs
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 August 2018 6:51:53 AM
NOTHING Paul is going to make me drink xxxx! however as a youth, briefly doing the NSW thing, spending a year working in that state, that brand of beer often made me legless due to its then at least high alcohol content, soon saw pots instead of schooners was a wise choice
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 15 August 2018 7:23:34 AM
Simon, I can hardly wait to get to the Taiwan International Beauty Show. I've told the Misses, tear up the ticket to Hawaii, we're off to Taiwan. In fact I think there will be so much interest on the forum, we may have to charter our own jet for the trip.

p/s I hope it runs for at east six months, I don't want to miss a minute. And to think I was contemplating staying at home and pulling fur balls out of my socks, when i could be having almost as much fun in Taiwan.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 16 August 2018 8:02:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy