The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What qualifications should a country's leader have?

What qualifications should a country's leader have?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All
I fail at your logic Foxy, but I'm convinced you mean well.

I'm not trying to be trite with this answer either, but a leader should have the innate ability to slaughter humans, for advancement of National causes.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 9:30:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A good leader would be able to advance causes that
would be beneficial to all sides without having to
resort to violence or the slaughter of people.
Therefore gaining exposure to foreign cultures
would be an important component of a leader's range
of experiences as well as the ability to respond to
unexpected crises.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 11:07:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The way Shorten has been sucking up to the ABC lately I would not be surprised if someone gave him a copy of the questions that were going to be asked.

Stack the audience with people easily done.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 14 June 2018 12:31:05 AM
Honestly it's hard to measure a leader until they fill the position. Aside from personality and getting along with him (or her) as well as policies that you agree with, there are qualities you hope a leader to have that you can't really know until they take their place as a leader.

For example reading the book "The Darkest Hour," tells about Churchill as he took office, his life career and mistakes before taking office, and then gets into it as WWII became a reality. In hindsight most people would probably say Churchill was the kind of leader that was needed. But before hand, based on his track record, who would have known.

We make decisions on leaders based on politics and policies. Promises, and how well they deal with interviews to vote for them. But when they take office, it's a different matter.

Qualities in a leader I would like.

•Resolve to continue on in spite of public opinion and media coverage.
•readiness to quickly supply the needs of the people when there is a disaster.
•loyalty and reliability towards the nation they serve to lead.
•sticking to the promises given, instead of just showing attempts of trying for the appearance of it.
•A person of faith who seeks God. Because I think the tasks of being a county's leader are greater then expected. So having God there in my opinion should both steady the person, and curb future corruption.
•and finally after giving them a short amount of time to test their merit (at least 6 months). A good track record both domestic issues as well as international issues.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 14 June 2018 1:31:10 AM
A leader should have passion, he/she should want the job to bring about better out comes not for personal gain,that leader should have a life long plan to reform and leave office in a better condition than they found it, the leaders loyalty should be to the party and its followers not a FACTION we can only hope great reformers are found.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 June 2018 6:42:50 AM
My idea of a leader's qualifications is;
Integrity,
Care,
Compassion,
Pragmatism,
Or in a nutshell, not a Lawyer/Academic,
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 June 2018 6:55:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy