The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > well good morning

well good morning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Thought I would return to a much loved site, still alive and well, good morning to all, hope life has been kind, not a lot has changed.
But gee world politics has taken a dive,how do we all feel about that? is there hope or despair? at current world politics
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 6:04:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I can't believe it.

WELCOME BACK!

It is a beautiful morning - and then some.

What a wonderful surprise to have you posting again after
all this time. You've been missed dreadfully. And as
you say - so much has changed.

Anyway, I'll go into more detail of that later.

For now - Welcome Back dear friend.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 10:01:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome back Belly. Glad to hear you are still alive and well.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 10:41:45 AM
Welcome back Old Son, I assume you are still Labor to the bootstraps, and have not gone over to the dark side. The nemesis who caused your departure in the first place has long gone, but did make a brief return under a different nick, he's now departed once more.

Your man Shorten, has progressed somewhat, and now has one foot in the door for the top job. However Bills been a worry to poor Malcolm, but then so has most of his own mob. We Greens are still there, how do you feel about that?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 11:53:38 AM
Thanks to both foxy nice to be back runner too, now lets get down to it, while I have not changed much do others think world politics is all down hill?Trump scares me, but the Democrats did too, in picking Hillary,we, not one of us, are always right, but as politics screams for statesmen or women I see not one.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 11:56:27 AM
Well I'll be buggered; one of my most favourite contributors has emerged from 'who knows where! All I can say is...'Well good morning to you too BELLY ol' Son'! Some time back I even made an approach to Graham Y asking if he would implore you to come back, he said he would but apparently you'd declined to do so at that time?

I can only hope you've not been in bad health or anything else that might have distracted you from returning? Anyway BELLY you're back, and that's all that matters. Being the solid pragmatist, that you are, you always ensure commonsense and reality is injected into the conversation, notwithstanding the Topic. Anyway, a big welcome back! Would be great to hear of all your many adventures you'd undertaken in your protracted absence, provided of course, you've a mind too? Cheers for know.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:21:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome back Belly,

You were missed.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:28:07 PM
Hi Belly! How the B Hell are you? Good to se you alive & kicking. Don't think that means I'll go easy on you, I'm still just as argumentative, & I can tell you are too.

I look forward to a few jousts.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:31:25 PM
Dear Belly,

It's amazing - the calming effect your return has
had on me. I am so happy to have you back.

I agree with you that politically - many voters are
unhappy with the major parties and they appear to be
looking elsewhere as to who to give their vote to.
Mr Trump scares me as well. Especially his administration's
recent acts of taking children away from illegal immigrants
and putting them into detention. Thousands of
kids have permanently
disappeared and are unable to be traced. Who does that
and gets away with it? Isn't that human trafficking - and
a criminal offence?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 1:07:51 PM
There is one competent woman who should be in the next USA presidential campaign.
She is Professor Stephanie Kelton, longtime economic adviser to Bernie Sanders in his role as a Senate minority leader.
Posted by Foyle, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 3:49:34 PM
no surprise to you Belly but I think Trump is about the only bright light in politics today. I know their are others but he stands out to me as one of the few who fulfilled his promises. I would like to see him drain a lot more of the swamp but heh what a breath of fresh air.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 3:59:05 PM
thanks for the welcome you two and yes good to be back in your company, old mate got your words about me leaving, while I did not handle it as good as I could ,would do the same if it took place we, all of us, give and take a lot, and often we are wrong too, Paul? well yes still ALP still active in the party, others may be interested to know understand our branches are further left than our party,and yes still willing to challenge my own side if needed, have been active on facebook, just not the same!
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 4:30:37 PM
Ha Belly surely you would be happy with Mr Turnbull. He seems very labourlite in his policies?
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 4:40:28 PM
Welcome back, Belly, I'd have got in sooner but have only just woken up, long night out outfoxing the foxes.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 5:24:27 PM
Belly,
Hell, this is a surprise, I look forward to reading your posts and maybe voicing a different opinion occasionally.

I don't think much has changed. Politicians are still more concerned about themselves and their hip pockets than they are about things that matter to their electors.

One thing has changed in your absence. A referendum approved SSM much to my disgust. I don't particularly care what homos do to each other but it should not be called 'marriage'. It lowers the standard of my marriage to be put in the same catorgory as homos. I never thought that Aussies would approve of anal intercourse, which is what it was all about. It is still a dirty practice. Homos trying to improve their public image, like they stole the word 'gay'.

Anyway welcome, I think we will find matters to discuss.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 5:40:29 PM
Hi Belly, really pleased to see you back. I'm somewhat sporadic on OLO these day's. Seem to be in an active phase at the moment.

I'm pretty much in line with your summary of the US political situation. Trump is a high stakes gamble with the chance that it could go horribly wrong but I suspect for many the only chance that they thought they had to break the stranglehold the corporate pollies had on American Politics. Not a voter in the US so I didn't need to choose but my impression was that Hillary was a more certain risk. Also influenced by the nature of the opposition to Trump to give him more of a chance.

The sad part is that the Democrats seem to have doubled down in their approach rather than learning from it. On the other hand it's creating an environment when a lot of people in the middle seem more willing to talk and understand both their differences but also what they share. That part gives me some hope.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 6:06:41 PM
Dear Belly,

Well look here. The old reprobate has returned.

And not before bloody time. The standard of cantankerous bastards on OLO certainly took a dive when you jumped ship. They all started marching to the Cult of Trump drumbeat and we haven't got a word of sense out of them since. Never thought for a moment you would have joined them.

Anyway really good to see you back mate. Hope you've kept the gloves in good working order.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 7:10:09 PM
Hello Belly,
Tried to contact you through the club but it seems that
the website stopped being developed. Couldn't find DAZ either.
I think I saw you at Wyong a couple of years ago or so, but when I got
downstairs you had disappeared, if it was you. The hat hid you.
You were at the Historical group table.

Anyway, whats new ? Has Urunga been on yet this year and are you going ?
I turn up on 7146 some afternoons around 5pm when Henry 2zhe is also on.
Anyway glad to see you back
73 Bazz
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 10:33:08 PM
Much to answer Bazz CLUB IS STAGGERING every post reminds me why I came back thanks,most know I am from my party's right faction, but know not even that faction gets it right always, Trump? America has been a B grade movie every day I have lived, Hillary a very poor choice, proved that I before leaving, got it badly wrong, truly thought Turnbull would be great! who will replace him? when?Labor like? fact is Labor is very like the party founded by Sir Robert Menzies was in his time as PM, while his party has drifted further right
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 31 May 2018 6:42:37 AM
Hi Belly...

I don't know how closely you've been watching the political landscape in your absence? But for me, I've never known the two major parties to be so bad, in my living memory. And the 'wacky' Greens, would be almost amusing, if they weren't so bloody dangerous to the future of this Country.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 31 May 2018 11:04:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is true my friend Foxy and I think much alike in politics,and true the state of politics is quite bad every western world country is the same, *unlike* some I can see faults on my side too,but we seem sure to return to government,can we leave our bias aside for just a second? what do we want from government? well it remains my view we should help those who cannot help them selves and reform, at some future time, should consider a job that improves community's will replace some welfare and o sung wu never till dead stop being a student of politics
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 31 May 2018 12:59:06 PM
Good on you, Belly, where you been ?
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 31 May 2018 6:35:17 PM
No more tantrums with the administrator Belly...you can stay if your good!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 31 May 2018 6:49:14 PM
Dear diver dan,

Belly has returned and that is wonderful
because -
we've had in the past - so many of our previous posters who
have left and haven't come back. People like Poirot,
Sue, and quite a few others. They are missed greatly.

But its understandable - as for all the wonderful
opportunities that discussion forums such as this one
present - like access to others, knowledge, alternative
opinions, support, its also a Trojan Horse that brings -
misinformation, hostility, hate, and trolls.

After a while many people get sick of allowing detestable
fringe opinions to be aired. But that's par for the course
on public forums. The irony is - that control and usage
is at our fingertips including the choice of what to share,
like, dislike, write, or totally ignore.

Sometimes we need to be reminded that these forums should
help us to do what we love, rather than become what we
love to do.

Finding a balance between online and the real world is
important.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 31 May 2018 7:54:44 PM
Hi there FOXY...

Losing people of the calibre of POIROT & SUE, doesn't positively facilitate much growth for the Forum or OLO. Nor do words like 'hate'. We're all equal contributors with varying opinions, some right and others wrong. Occasionally we might interact, aggressively with others, but to employ the verb 'hate' removes all sense of fun and entertainment from the Forum or OLO. In my opinion it's this aggression that's caused POIROT and many others from staying away, and that's sad for us all.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 31 May 2018 9:08:53 PM
Foxy,
I do not usually interrupt another's thread but I need to get a message to you and I do not think Belly will mind, in this case.

There is a young Dutch lady trumpeter by the name of Melissa Venema who is really brilliant. I am sure you will agree that her talent is most remarkable. I just have to pass her name on and Yes, she has played solo on at least one Andre Rieu concert. I suggest people get her up on you tube. She plays a wide range of music from classical to simple things like "Silent Night". Thanks Belly, Trust all enjoy

A couple of links.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CRc8pL8Q8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CRc8pL8Q8
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 31 May 2018 10:06:53 PM
Want to firm on this, the past is the past it was not GY I left but one constant abusive offender, we, all of us, should know we can be wrong, but if we focus on scoring points against one another we fail our selves,and if we refuse to see our view is not the only one? I have a mate, he has never been wrong in his life, not true but he firmly thinks that,if you think that you slam the door on any chance of improvement.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 June 2018 7:31:07 AM
Dear O Sung Wu,

We can't bring back the past - but we can certainly
try to deal with the present. As Belly has also
pointed out - it's best to learn from the mistakes
of the past and hopefully not repeat them. Or at
least try not to.

Dear Banjo,

Thank You for giving me another name to look into.
Music is so inspiring - and does wonders for our
souls. As you know, I have a heart condition that
I am dealing with - and music helps me to stay calm.
And look at life from a different angle. So Thank
You for thinking of me.

Dear Belly,

I can see that you're still the same gentle soul
that I remember. For that we should all be grateful
on this forum.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 June 2018 10:58:50 AM
Thanks Foxy it was you I missed most, let the past stay in the past friends and hope we all can bring some good posters back told o sung wo once my life moto came from the while I live I grow tree on Razor back near Picton, it remains the same, but like any tree if you fell me and looked at the rings you would see, in all of us for that matter I have had good years and bad ones
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 June 2018 1:42:35 PM
Belly,

Just keep your hands off Foxy. If things work out okay ......

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 1 June 2018 2:55:44 PM
Dear Belly,

I missed you dreadfully when you left.

I had always thought of you as the heart of this forum.

However, you're now back - and that's all that matters.
The standard of posting will now rise once again.
You've always managed to see things from both sides
of the argument - and I'm sure that I'm not the only one
who values that.

Dear Joe (Loudmouth),

Je ne sais quoi.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 June 2018 3:54:28 PM
Loudmouth! you always make me re look,as I learn some thing new every day, hold on! my grumpy old man rep is not for sale or swap,my work life ended at age 66, because that grumpy old man had a job looking after workers, and bad bosses? they exist? mine was one, most will know about that song, sang, or was it shouted, every word at him, and so very happy to have lived long enough to see him dumped. so life can have its joys, I am a life member he is not.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 June 2018 5:14:49 PM
Foxy,
I am sorry the links did not work.

However I post another, which may be of particular interest to those posters that have had military service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=253aGgk7NSE
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 2 June 2018 10:19:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy