The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women in Parliament.

Women in Parliament.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All
ALTRAV,

One doesn't have to be Australian born to be an MP, all that is required, along those lines, is to be an Australian citizen and to have formally renounced any other citizenship or entitlement thereto.

As we have seen this is a great intellectual hurdle that some MPs cannot jump.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 19 May 2018 5:59:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC, your on the money. As usual I'd like to go a little further. You say, 'who cares'? well there are those of us who do care, but we are so few and don't follow the sheep so we end up outside the herd and ignored because we don't see things the way the masses do. The problem with this topic is that it's another of those PC topics that are driven by people too afraid to get into a 'in your face' situation. So it's easier (and gutless) to go along with the majority, even if you know they're wrong. Whenever I see another woman appointed to a 'top' position, I say 'what they ran out of men for that job'? This push for women has been pure folly. When you look at the stats and see that if most of the women with husbands gave up their jobs, we would not have the amount of unemployment we have and the 'men' that replace them would be able to have the money to retain their families and houses and a normal lifestyle again, instead of the disastrous other options that are the results of a father/husband being jobless.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 19 May 2018 6:25:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OP2, speaking for myself, I am not anti women! In fact I'm quite the opposite to the point that I will say no more. (for now) My grind with women is that they have been 'groomed' from a young age to be 'anything they want to be'. Then there's the 'women are just as capable as any man' mantra. I can see that all people would like to be something else or do something else, but they have to grow up and accept their lot in life. I am sickened by the fact that the morons in govt caved in to these stupid demands so as to keep their seat. The world is full of the results of this stupidity. Some years ago cement bags went from, say 20kg bags to smaller 10kg bags. It was marketed as a H&S decision. Crap! It was done so as to accommodate women wanting to get into the building industry. This went through ALL industries. Why? Because women are NOT equal to men. Another time I watched in utter disbelief as this young woman, (mechanic) was ready to remove the cylinder head from the main engine and put it on the bench. To my disgust, I watched her call over a male mechanic who had to come and do it for her because it was too heavy. This is the world you expect reasonable people with common sense to condone? Please, I reject any attempts to justify women before men just because they are women. When I see this kind of foolishness creeping into an otherwise stable environment, I react angrily and without favour to stop the rot from setting in and causing long term disasters as this movement has.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 19 May 2018 6:48:20 PM
Is Mise, then what was the story with the guy who was said to be Kiwi because the NZ PM said they did not recognise anyone with Kiwi parents, born outside NZ, to be anything but Kiwi? He thought he was Aussie because he was born here but the NZ PM said NO, your Kiwi. What the ....was that all about then? Surely he was an Australian citizen?
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 19 May 2018 6:57:33 PM
hahahaha Toni
I guarantee the bigots that infest this forum will not get it.
More than likely they will adopt it as their theme song. LOL
Posted by mikk, Saturday, 19 May 2018 7:32:21 PM
ALTRAV //I know I forget things// its not so much that you forget things, its just you not taking anything in, in the first place. //only human// well we'll leave that for another debate.//can someone educate me// that could take years and then you might still be a complete moron. //I thought it meant you have to be born in Australia// now we are getting to the crux of the problem, your inability to think. // It's good to see someone finally got their act together and are now allowing non-Aussies to become federal pollies// Are you some kind of Rip Van Winkle character and been off dozing while the debate has raged about that very issue. //Dr Faruqi will be a very lucky person as it seems she will be the first// Remember Chris Watson, he was about your time, Australian PM in 1904, Born: 9 April 1867, Valparaíso, Chile, you have missed the boat again. // Seriously, I have not heard or read anything // I can believe that. //I am always willing to learn// some tasks are beyond mans capability. // I hate getting it wrong// Then why do you torture yourself so.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 19 May 2018 9:15:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 24
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. All