The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Hume Freeway Experience - Melbourne to Sydney.

The Hume Freeway Experience - Melbourne to Sydney.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Recently we travelled the Hume Freeway by car (mum's funeral
in Sydney). A distance of some 800 Km between the outer suburbs
of both cities. Just right for one tank full for freeway
driving. Our car (Holden Statesman) uses far more petrol in town.

The road surface in Victoria was relatively good but in New South
Wales consisted of variable surfaces of asphalt and concrete,
frequently rough. The left lane more uneven due to truck use.

Now trucks are quite an experience. Some are big long and slow.
In N.S.W. large signs warn of major accidents caused by trucks.

The freeway speed is 110 km per hour and 100 km per hour for
trucks. Trucks go up hill 80 - 90 kmph and down hill 110-120.
Beware of trucks racing to pass each other - then the entire
freeway is blocked for many kilometers. Once five trucks and one
car trapped in-between doing 80 for about 5 kms distance. Another
time four trucks racing to finish only to be trapped behind a local
farmer in no hurry to get home.

Animals are quite a sight. Sheep, cows, horses, some in the shade
under trees all grazing in the paddocks. But on the freeway
in Victoria - rabbits, foxes, wombats, by the side of the road
or squashed into the pavement. While in N.S.W. kangaroos - big
and small, black, grey, brown, by the side of the road or splattered
all over the road surface. We counted at least 20.

So if you want a different experience drive the Hume Freeway.
There are many roadside Service Centres - mostly serviced by
MacDonalds and Coles (not the best food). The most contrived
service centre access off the freeway at Yass-to be avoided next time.

But when reaching Melbourne and Sydney one can enjoy the peak time traffic - even if it is in the middle of the day.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences while driving
between cities?

It would be great to hear.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 7:56:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did you get to see this sign, Foxy?

http://i.redd.it/kxu63lik09ny.jpg
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 10:52:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Toni,

Unfortunately No.

I certainly could have used the laugh.

Thanks for making my day.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 11:21:54 AM
Foxy, my condolences on the loss of your mother. I hope she went easily.

I saw a post somewhere describing the younger generation as the snowflake generation. It does seem rather apt, when they need everything laid on for them, but I'm afraid some of us oldies just might fit the same description.

Where were you in the 60s sweetie? That is when the trucks were really scary. For some years I was doing the Sydney/Melbourne, & the Sydney/Brisbane trip a number of times a year, to motor racing meetings. This meant usually, but not always, towing a large caravan like trailer, with my Lotus, or Brabham in it.

In those days of no sponsorship, funding the racing car meant little left to fund a tow car. I mostly used a Humber Snipe, then a Chrysler Royal. The speed limit then was 60 miles/hour, or any speed you deemed safe. You could go as fast as you liked.

Having very carefully set up the suspension of my car & trailer, on those long Victorian straights south of Albury, with very little traffic at 3.00 AM or so, I would be cruising at around 80 MILES per hour, quite safely. The trucks would overtake me, doing around 100 MPH.

This was not much of a problem, truck drivers were very good, & careful back then. No, the problem was when those going the other way passed you. I became very good at recognising big semis at a distance, as you wanted to be slowed to under 50 MPH, when the wind of their passing hit you.

Your observation on the quality of the road surface shows things have not changed. Victoria being smaller could always spend more on each road than NSW. However you had to try the Queensland roads north of about Bundaberg, where the highway was no better than a Victorian back road to find the bad stuff
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 1:18:12 PM
What clever people live in Yass.

Speaking of signs Toni reminds me of one of those trips to Melbourne. There were 4 of us, this time in a Holden Monaro, what luxury.

Not too far out of Liverpool we passed a very large bill board for Aeroplane jelly. Some one sang their song, "I like aeroplane jelly, aeroplane jelly for me".

For the next 405 miles that damn thing kept repeating on different ones of us, who would burst into song. Much as we all got to hate the thing, we couldn't stop singing it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 1:27:35 PM
Dear Hassie,

Thanks for your interesting (as always) coverage.
I can't speak for what it was like travelling in
the 1960s (too young to travel anywhere). So I'll take your
word for it that the drivers were better then. They're really
quite a worry currently - and there's signs all over the place
warning people to watch out for trucks - due to the heavy road
crashes currently caused by trucks.

As for singing while driving. Tell me about it.
I got several songs stuck in my mind that are still in my head.
My husband simply loves - "Boney M," and "Abba," need I say more?
I went to sleep with the songs still in my head.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 1:50:47 PM
Dear Hassie,

Thanks for your condolences regarding my mother.
Mum passed as she lived - peacefully and with dignity.
May she Rest in Peace.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 1:53:08 PM
Foxy,

I have traveled this road many times living in Sydney with family in Melbourne.

I would consider extended periods of Boney M cruel and unusual punishment.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 7:21:27 PM
Hi Foxy,

My sincere condolences on the loss of your mum.

Us Sydneysider say "The best thing to come out of Melbourne is the Hume Hwy." Having made the trip down and back by road at night last winter I'd say for the first time in 20 years, and it will be another 20 years till the next time. Stopping at I think Tumblong township at 2am, at minus 2 degrees for a yesterdays over cooked Chiko Roll is the highlight of the trip.

Driving the Hume Hwy from M to S or S to M, just as horrible, its a great advert for flying. Which if "T" makes it home tomorrow from a "tangi" in NZ we'll be doing on Sunday to Brisbane to see the Mokos (grandchildren).

As for music I love Reggae myself, old school. My all time favorite is 'Three Little Birds' Bob Marley. Please have a listen and take the words to heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-qFyinrniI
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 8 February 2018 8:26:27 AM
Good Morning Shadow Minister,

Listening to Boney M made the journey even longer.
I now know all the word to the Rivers of Babylon,
Nightflight to Venus, Daddy Cool, Rasputin, Ma Baker,
Brown Girl in the Ring, Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord,
and finally - Gotta Go Home.

'By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down
Ye-eah we wept, when we remembered Zion ..."

Dear Paul,

Thank You for your condolences regarding the passing of my mother.
I think it's never easy to lose one's mum. They are such a
presence in our lives.

I can identify with your chiko roll. All I wanted for lunch was
a fresh salad sandwich. What I ended up with was a stale greasy
spring roll that tasted off.

Thank you for Bob Marley's - Three Little Birds. I know the
song well. And it's also a favourite.

Give my Best Wishes to "T". And have fun with your grandchildren.

We won't be travelling to Sydney by car anytime soon. (If ever
again). I think we'll definitely fly next time.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 February 2018 9:23:03 AM
At least the speed limit is consistent. Try the Pacific Highway between Sydney and Brisbane. There is not a single kilometer with the same speed limit. Road work signs are place at spots where there is no not the least sign of any roadwork. \There was even a kilometer of "roadwork" without a sign of roadwork and two police radars in operation. I am sure the police have mobile speed limit signs.
Posted by TheAtheist, Thursday, 8 February 2018 11:10:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear AT,

Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever
tempted to drive to Brisbane again. I vaguely recall
doing it about a decade ago - but that was in my
salad days (when I was fresh and green - joke) and
I don't recall having any probs back then. However things
change as you get older that's for sure. Also being in
an unfit state emotionally as I was recently probably doesn't
help either. Should have flown.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 February 2018 11:24:35 AM
Dear FOXY...I'm shocked to hear of your dear Mum's passing, last I heard I thought you'd said she was OK and being well cared for - I'm so sorry to have been so obtuse and imperceptive, by not picking it up. I again apologise.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 8 February 2018 11:50:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day there HASBEEN...

I was with the old STP (precursor to the HWP) and initially we drove Cooper S's. My area was from Campbelltown through to Bargo, and included the dreadful bit of road called the 'RazorBack' accessed through Picton, prior to the Freeway being constructed, avoiding the Township of Picton altogether.

The number of of fatals we had on that patch of road was almost incalculable; most of them occasioned by trucks and/or horrid road surfaces. My opposite shift colleague (2100hrs - 0500hrs) had two separate fatals on the one shift! Yep on Razorback. So unnerving him, he took a couple of days off work. By todays standard's we're indeed lucky the Hume has improved to such a standard that it has, albeit FOXY found the NSW stretch between Albury and Sydney, as still being relatively inferior thus unsatisfactory.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 8 February 2018 12:13:05 PM
Dear O Sung Wu,

Thank You for your kind words. Mum's passing came as a huge shock
even though we should have expected it. I wasn't ready to let her go.
But of course we have no control over things. Still she's now
resting next to dad in the Rookwood Cemetery - where she wanted to be. They had bought the
two plots side by side - so many years ago (1950s). And a Monument
is already there. Larcome Stonemasons of Lidcombe did the inscribing
and Andrew Duncan was still working there - he'll inscribe mum's
date of death for us.

We stayed in Campbelltown during our Sydney visit. It was easier
traffic-wise. I wanted to re-visit Parramatta - but we never got
around to it this time - unfortunately. I wanted to see how it
had changed. I imagine it has changed a lot.

Amazing how the memories come flooding back when you hit your old
stomping ground. Sometimes, things change not for the better.
But I'll have to wait and check this out the next time around.
I'm beginning to feel much better - back home, and recovering
slowly. Things are improving.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 February 2018 12:29:31 PM
Dear FOXY...

I know what you mean about your old stomping ground. In another life I was stationed at Parramatta (at the old Police Station/CourtHouse premises) and I must confess it does bring a tear to the eye whenever I hear Parramatta mentioned. Of course I'll never see it again as I now live elsewhere but I guess that's OK too. Please take good care of yourself FOXY, and remember we're 'ALL' here for you, you've only gotta shout, OK. It would be a race to see who comes to your aid first, moi or HASBEEN - I suspect he'd beat me by a whisker, he's a better driver than I apparently?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 8 February 2018 1:01:17 PM
Hi o sung wu. Back in the 60s most trucks wound their way up 'RazorBack' at very slow speed, often in single digit MPH speeds. With my long heavy outfit, I could only follow, so very slow, & pretty safe. I would expect that trying to overtake those trucks on very short straights would have caused many accidents.

Failing brakes coming down would cause many accidents too. Those were the days when the prudent came down steep hills in a low gear, to save brakes overheating.

I guess the traffic was unbelievably light to folks today, & I found truck drivers mostly very courteous. Of course, I never did the trip in daylight, so it is only the overnight drivers I met.

Foxy if ever you do have to come north by car, take the New England highway, or even one of the lesser inland routes. The roads are adequate today, & there is little traffic. I even find the trucks on it useful.

I don't like cruise control, hate the way it makes a car feel, however I have developed a technique of hooking a mental tow rope to a selected well driven truck. They will be driving at the top end of the speed limit, & you can sit 100 metres behind one, reducing the concentration required, with the truck giving you early warning of road & speed limit changes.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 8 February 2018 1:09:04 PM
Dear O Sung Wu,

Once again - thanks for your lovely words and for always
being there for me. You cheer me up no end. You're a
lovely sweet man - and I do love you to bits. So there.

Dear Hassie,

Thanks for your advice about the New England Highway.
But its a longer and slower distance to get to Sydney.
We've driven it many times.
Not so sure about hooking up to trucks though. I don't
think hubbie would buy that. He loves cruise control
on long drives. It saves his legs and cramping.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 February 2018 3:24:12 PM
Foxy,
My condolences relative to your mothers passing.

My old hometown is Goulburn which straddles the old Hume, so I know the road well. There are many truck drivers these days that drive Syd to Melb (outer urban) between depots and do it in 12 hours, sleep, then drive another back. Trucks are serviced and reloaded while they rest. Doubt that job would suit foxy.

I consider Maccas food to be just fuel so I avoid it, plan to stop elsewhere for refreshments. If possible i go where the trucks stop as the food is usually good and plenty of it, per serve, and the service quick. Not very lady like but the crockery and the toast is thick.

Hasbeen and OSW, both you blokes would recall 'Bimbo's' roadhouse at Bargo. ALL trucks stopped there and so did we on way to Syd, a lot of twists and turns around Bargo and then up and over 'Razorback'. Even these days I find most truckies good but the trucks far bigger, longer, and faster. You remember poster 'Belly', he used to live at Bargo and worked for the DMR.

The Hume could tell lots of stories. I recall when there were single lane wooden bridges at Bargo and Paddys River. The trucks blockage at Razroback (they stopped Alan Moffat too). Belanglo is infamous for other reasons OSW would recall.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 8 February 2018 3:34:17 PM
Hi there BANJO; HASBEEN & FOXY...

We had this neat little joint in Picton, where the STP/GD coppers got a good cheap feed on our shifts. At the front, they sold Beer & Spiritus Liquor, and at the back they fixed up the coppers with a heap of decent food. From memory BANJO it was called the Picton Inn.

Speaking of memories - do any of you good people remember the famous 'Anthony Hordon's Tree' at the Razorback? It's motto was 'While I live, I'll Grow'. Sadly the tree was vandalised on several occasions by some of the local idiots in the area. Even in those days, the prevalence of vandals was always apparent. When the tree ultimately died, Anthony Hordon's closed down, after successfully trading for a period of over seventy years. A coincidence, who knows, but it surely happened.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 8 February 2018 6:01:34 PM
Dear Banjo,

Thanks for the condolences regarding mum.
I am slowly dealing with it. Thanks also
for your advice regarding eating where the
truckies eat. Good advice and we'll do that
next time. Hubbie's already talking about another
trip in May of this year to the Hunter Valley and
Canberra - staying overnight in Goulburn en route.
I'm not too enthusiastic - yet, but I did promise
him another trip - so I 'll have to keep my
promise.

Dear O Sung Wu,

Thanks for your story about the Anthony Horden's tree.
The Hume Highway as you pointed out - must have heaps
of stories. I'm enjoying reading all the contributions
from everyone thus far. Great change from politics, for
a while at least.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 8 February 2018 6:20:25 PM
OSW,
yes the Anthomy Horden tree was very famous. Belanglo forest is the place Ivan Milat murdered his backpacker victims and since my last post I recall the rape and murder of Ebony Simpson at Bargo. The bastard raped 9yo Ebony and bound her with barbed wire, filled her bag with rocks and tossed her in a dam.It is horrible. I don't envy the work coppers have to do. I would kill some of the crims. I recall the steep hill and underpass going into Picton. Many trucks came to grief there.

Foxy,
Next trip take it easy and do the tourist thing. There are some interesting things even before leaving Vic. Beechworth is interesting and historic. As is the Ned Kelly place on the Hume. There is Ettamoga pub near Albury and the dog on the tucker box. If hubby likes cricket there is the Bradman museum at Bowral. Do some research and you will find plenty to see before getting to the Hunter.

I still have a sister in Goulburn and I must visit her soon, before she disowns me.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 8 February 2018 9:04:30 PM
Foxy,
The War Memorial in Canberra is a must and the Art Gallery. 'Blue Poles' etc. Contact your local MP, you may get a tour of the House.

Holbrook is worth a pit stop. They have a submarine in the main street. Near is a little cake shop where we got a nice morning tea.

For the boring stages you could listen to Amira's next CD, due out soon.
Suggest you get a copy of her pre Christmas concert with the Royal Mens chior. Her rendition of 'Jerusalem' is excellent, as expected, and she reaches some very, very high notes in 'How great are Thou'. Must be her highest, which is said to be 6F.
When I read about the high crime rate in Africa I am a bit concerned about Amira's safety. High profile persons are at more risk of kidnapping and there is a high rate there. Trust good precautions are taken
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 8 February 2018 11:07:57 PM
Dear Banjo,

Thank You for all your suggestions. I made a list of them
and they all sound interesting and well worth doing. We'll
also have more time on the trip in May - and can take things
much easier. So it should be much more enjoyable. Excellent
idea about getting hold of Amira's music. And you're right
to be concerned about her. She is a high risk for kidnapping
in that area.

Once again - Thank You for everything. Your suggestions will
be taken on board - they're great.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 9 February 2018 7:06:21 AM
It looks like this discussion has run its course.
Thanks to everyone who contributed. I look forward
to sharing more on other discussions.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 9:33:46 AM
One more thing before we finish: my experience with British motorways is that the concrete surfaced sections are significantly noisier, but I've been told that's not the case in Australia. What did you think of them?
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 10 February 2018 11:07:00 AM
Hi there BANJO ol' friend...

Your knowledge of the Hume Hwy is immense. I guess in my own defence we/I had somewhat tunnel vision looking out for errant motorists at the wheel of their cars, committing all sorts of terrible offence's. Similar to that of excessive speed by a couple of clicks; over the posted speed-limit.

FYI our Mr MILAT is currently cooling his heels in the 'super-max' section of Goulburn Gaol, and from all accounts is none too happy; finding the place all to restrictive to suit his needs. Moreover, he's reminded (often) the likelihood of his release, is at best remote if ever, which hasn't made him very happy either. And another unsubstantiated rumour, he's not made many friends among those with whom he shares facilities - perhaps we'll read someday he's the recipient of a 'sharpened ended toothbrush' hitherto dipped in excreta, that's been slipped adroitly between his ribs, into a lung? Or am I only hoping?

The man was not born of a mother's womb, he dropped out of the arse of a dog!
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 10 February 2018 11:44:41 AM
Dear Aidan,

Some sections of the concrete surfaces on the Hume Highway
were noisy but sections of asphalt were just as noisy.
What was annoying, the bumps between the various sections
and at bridge crossings.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 12:07:32 PM
PS:

Not to mention all the dismantled bodies of the
poor kangaroos that were at times unavoidable
as the car wheels hit the bones.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 12:09:11 PM
Dear O Sung Wu,

I'd forgotten about Ivan Milat being in the super max
section of the Goulburn jail. Hopefully that man will
never be released. My husband reminded me of Milat's
atrocities as we drove past the sign of Bowral. It gave me
chills just looking through the car windows.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 12:16:05 PM
Aidan, I have not driven on UK concrete roads, but you remind me of the concrete sections of the M1 in the southern section of the Gold Coast.

I was quite surprised at the thumping of many otherwise nice saloons over the joins. It was particularly horrible in my 1980 Triumph TR7. It did not thump, but the concrete was bent down in the middle of each panel, giving a wave effect. At traffic speed of 95 to 100 Km/H this wave matched the natural pitching frequency of the short wheel base Triumph, generating a rocking horse motion.

My grandson, young at the time, loved it, but I & any other passengers at various times found it unpleasant. I was very pleased when they covered it with smoother bitumen
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 10 February 2018 12:59:55 PM
Hi there FOXY...

Yes there's no doubt as BANJO said MILAT is a real piece of work. I've known many worse; Archie Beattie McCAFFERTY being one. I think I appraised you and others on Archie? One to the very worst I've known.

Back to the topic: Still there's some lovely old villages along the HUME, Berrima being one of them. Though these days one needs to exit the Hwy in order to get to most of them. Berrima is one of Australia's very first villages, complete with a very old Gaol. Being among Australia's very first, and still in use even today?

Quite a few convicts met their ends there, with much folklore supporting many reported incidences of hauntings within the gaol. I'm sure BANJO could supply you with all the correct answers about the HUME and the many legends that've occurred along there? Great Topic by the way FOXY.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 10 February 2018 1:14:56 PM
Foxy,
Allow a full day for the Canberra places I suggested, especially if you are to meet your MP, which I recommend as they like showing their workplace to their voters and you may also be interested in chatting to the staff in the Parliamentary library. There is a lavender farm which is sorta between Beechworth and Albury, which could interest you. Enjoy.

OSW,
One cannot spend most of his life in one place and not learn about it, a few beers and Belly and I could exchange stories for hours. You
may have been the one that booked me for just clipping an unbroken centre line after overtaking a truck, between Bimbos and Picton. I was young! I have a mate, ex copper, who used to race Mini Coopers.

I knew Milat was in Goulburn, but what about the crud that murdered Ebony Simpson at Bargo. Bastard even joined the search for her. Do you know anything about him? Sorry but these types make my blood boil. I would pull the lever, or trigger, no risk. Needs gut shooting!

Glad to know you as one who helped put them away. You have my respect
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 10 February 2018 1:30:29 PM
Foxy,
As OSW said, Berrima is a good break from the freeway. The pub is old and still serves meals for tourists. There are other coffee shops and tea rooms there also. How does devonshire tea sound , with home made jam and proper fresh cream. If you liked Beechworth, you will like Berrima

OSW,
I will google McCafferty, but Crump and Baker (Mrs Morse) were the worst I recall. then of course was Anita Coby and the girl Collins and her mate near the Vic border on the coast. Other heinous crimes as well that I do not recall just now.

I honestly do not know why we keep them
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 10 February 2018 2:05:15 PM
Dear O Sung Wu,

Berrima - my husband remembers well. He was commissioned
a few years ago to produce "measured" drawings of the
Berrima courthouse for historical records.
I'm glad you like the topic of this discussion. I'm certainly
learning so much from it.

Dear Banjo,

We're allowing 2 days for Canberra and we intend to do as
much as we can from what you've recommended.
It will be our wedding anniversary during that time so it will
be a special time.

BTW - we'great lovers of Devonshire Teas - especially with
home made jam and proper fresh cream. Yum. The best scones in
Melbourne that I've ever tasted were at a little place in the
Dandenong Ranges - near the William Ricketts sanctuary. The
lady there made these superb scones. She retired - and they sold
the place. It's now under new management - and it's not the same.
Unfortunately. So my mouth is watering just thinking about
Devonshire Teas - with the real stuff.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 February 2018 2:50:24 PM
Hi (again) BANJO...

You're so right - (Alan BAKER & Kevin CRUMP) were the {worst ever} in my experience. I was on the periphery of the original investigation as I've said previously, and one of the lead detectives had to be momentarily restrained from drawing his gun and shooting BAKER, such was the level of emotion and temperature at the time, immediately post their arrest!

BAKER was by far the leader of the pack; and CRUMP was very much the follower. What many don't know, at the time of their arrest, CRUMP could neither read nor write, but I'm sure since his incarceration that's changed somewhat, all at taxpayers expense. Both were immediately placed on the highest level of 'Protection' from other prisoners and 'Prison Warders' as well, such was the tremendous hatred for these two men.

I was on 'police habeas' (police responsibility to ensure, both were produced in Court) during their trial. They needed to be conveyed (separately) by car, rather then the usual police 'Caged Vehicle', in which most prisoners were conveyed daily, to Court hearings. Owing to the high risk factor of them been attacked by other inmates. Interesting times I can tell you my friend.

From my understanding both, are the longest serving prisoners in Australia. The NSW government has passed (unanimously) special legislation to the effect; *they'll never be considered fit to be released from custody, in their lifetime*! This is in accordance with the horrific nature of the crime, and the comments and recommendations of the presiding Justice.

Furthermore I've heard that CRUMP has become a devout follower of the Christian religion, for the past 15 - 18 years. And has since applied twice to have his sentence modified, in order to obtain parole. On each occasion it's been denied outright, in accordance with the above mentioned paragraph, marked with the *asterisks* above.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 10 February 2018 3:48:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy