The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bicycles, register the riders, not the bikes

Bicycles, register the riders, not the bikes

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
some of the arguments in favour of push bikes, or the riders, or both, being licensed sound ok but they all overlook the fundamental issue.

The issue is that govt simply wants the money, the excuse for it is just an excuse.

So the key question to ask is why are more and more hidden taxes being loaded on to wage and salary earners?

Might it be because corporate Australia plays on token level tax?

All money received by the Commonwealth govt must be paid into the Consolidated Account. We are rarely told exactly how much money is spent at budget time, only what its going to be spent on. Why is this? is it because they dont want people asking exactly how much money is in the Consolidated Account. My sources tell me their is literally TRILLIONS of dollars in this account.

My local MHR refuses to reply to my letters on this question. I wonder why?
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Tuesday, 8 August 2017 7:09:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry for being absent.

The whole point is the majority of issues between bike users and cars/trucks is that most road users feel that the bike riders don't pay their way. This would fix that.

There is also little doubt that bikes on our busy roads are a distraction and if such a system were to be implemented, one would think the money raised would eventually fund more bikeways, which in turn paves the way to remove bikes from our busy roads.

It does not really bother me because I am not a bake rider and hey, as long as bike riders are against finding a safer way, simply because they feel they have the right to use the roads, then by all means keep enjoying your game of chicken.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 11 August 2017 4:42:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy