The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'Racist' comments about new Family First Senator

'Racist' comments about new Family First Senator

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. All
A lot of waffle here. So here is some more.
I do not think it is reasonable to ban someone from politics because
they were born in another country.
If they have been here and were naturalised, say 10 years previously,
are a taxpayer then they have an investment in the country.
They have invested their life in the country.
I see the point Hasbeen has made about those that commit to a ghetto.
I do not know how to handle them.
If it is agreed that those people have aims that are not compatible
with the laws and customs of the country then I suppose they will not be elected.
However that has not been confirmed here or in other countries.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 21 April 2017 4:18:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
if she believes in promoting the family first as the party was originally set up I suspect she will attrack every racial and sexual slur possible from the leftist/homosexual/feminist mob. The only difference is she won't be able to go off crying through the abc as they will despise her promotion of family first (ie kids entitled to dad and mum wherever possible).
Posted by runner, Friday, 21 April 2017 4:33:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Has Been,

Senator Gichuhi has been here nearly twenty years. How long does someone have to be here before they can gain citizenship, and therefore stand for parliament ? Some of our early prime ministers, Watson and Fisher and Hughes, were born overseas but still served as PMs. Fisher I especially liked, mainly because my mum knew his son rather well.

Senator Gichuhi is not a Muslim, by the way, in case that caused some problems for you. Many Kenyans are not Muslims.

If you wanted to actually create ghettoes, I don't think you could do it better than by denying a particular group equal rights. That seems to have happened in Germany and France. Are you suggesting that we follow their example ?

Of course, migrants should have to undergo rigorous citizenship tests, and also especially language learning. We would want them to become Australians as quickly as possible. Otherwise, why would we invite people here ? Surely the last thing we want is the creation of ghettoes, occupied by people with social and political grievances and plagued by permanent disadvantage ? What would be the point ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 21 April 2017 4:39:22 PM
Joe writes: "If you wanted to actually create ghettoes, I don't think you could do it better than by denying a particular group equal rights."

Spot on.

And that, folks, is how marginalisation occurs. Stripping immigrants of opportunity and a voice is a great way to create ghettoes and increase crime rates.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 21 April 2017 5:08:47 PM
compared with the white hating sam dastyari I know who is going to be of more value for the general population and it ain't slippery Sam.
Posted by runner, Friday, 21 April 2017 5:27:54 PM
Some of you people make lemmings look sensible, rational creatures.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 21 April 2017 7:31:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21