The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pickering Post

Pickering Post

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Steele,

I don't know what to say.

Best I go sit in the naughty-corner for a while.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 February 2017 12:20:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know nothing of Pickering or his character. I find it totally hypocritical of the left to lambast his character. They always maintained that personal life does not apply to public performance. Obviousy the hypocrisy of the left know no bounds. Using their own standards few who are employed by the abc would remain so.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 16 February 2017 12:23:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner;

You wrote;

“I find it totally hypocritical of the left to lambast his character.”

You also wrote;

“For years the regressive media ignored Gillard slush fund, Shortens rape allegation and Thomson prostitutes.”

A sanctimonious hypocrite? Who would have thought it?

Dear Foxy,

Dying from cancer is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. It is not a pleasant way to go. Also feeling pity for the family/s is certainly appropriate, even in this case. I too enjoyed his early cartoons but not now. They are hate-filled pieces that he only gets away with because as an undischarged bankrupt he can say and write whatever he likes since it is not worth suing him.

What really gets my goat is his pathetic little cheer squad who believe he is bravely going where no one else dares instead of the nasty little man he really is, one who can spew his bile, immune by default from civil action. Let's hope the criminal case will still progress.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 16 February 2017 12:54:22 PM
Dear Steele,

I know little about Pickering except the few things
I stated earlier. I used to find him funny growing
up back in the 1980s. Admittedly I found his latest
rant a bit too strong and vitriolic for
my taste. He's not somebody I would read regularly.
Thank You for filling me in on the guy.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 February 2017 1:13:17 PM
Its just a shame that so much of what is said here is true, but we dare not mention the fatcs for fear of being called a recist.

When is this country going to wake up to its self and realise just what fools we are being taken for.

An interesting bit of research would be to see the distibution of welfare dollars to Aboriginal people as i would bet there are many top heavy recipients in that group, selling out their own people.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 16 February 2017 1:30:23 PM
Foxy,

There was nothing at all wrong with your observations the the earlier post,
Foxy, Thursday, 16 February 2017 10:55:48 AM
or your most recent.

Yours were musings on what had been and in truth, Pickering once held sway as one of the very few with courage to speak up. He deserves recognition for that.

He was protected to an extent by the fact that he was a cartoonist, but as demonstrated by the attacks on Leunig for his day care cartoon, there is no safety in a cartoonist's satire any more. Can Leunig's cartoon even be found? The mind controlling censors have been busy.

I chose as you did not to dwell on any recent, more extreme (through the exasperation with cant and hypocrisy of the years?) work. Also I chose a different direction and plane, a little away from the thrust of the OP, but hopefully still topical.

We choose where we might add value to a discussion. As well, as demonstrated by your post, there is no harm musing on a past and having compassion for a fellow human and his family with a clock ticking.

I'd add that while some might take some glee in the awful terminal disease affecting this man, none of us knows the time of our own death, which could be soon.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 16 February 2017 1:35:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy