The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Welfare Highlife

Welfare Highlife

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Ole Mate,
Don’t be too concerned about me.
My problems are self-made and self-managed.
I live like I do because I made that stupid mistake of letting the experts handle my money. The GFC came along. I went broke and they sailed through on their fees.
What pisses me off is that people who put nothing into the economic bin and never will get to take out more than those who have contributed.
It is time that the good solid backbone of this country stood up to their politicians and forced them to recognize the social damage they are causing by neglecting their Australian aging in favor of imported cultures.
When I walk through my local club and see 80% of the poker machines being played by social security recipients especially indigenous individuals straight out of the communities I hail the coming of Pauline Hanson and Nick Zenothon and the possibility of a card that limits this type of expenditure.
God knows I can barely make it from payday to payday so how the hell do they get to gamble every day and still drive as new 4x4s?
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Wednesday, 28 September 2016 11:41:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there CHRISGAFF1000...

Whether some of your problems are self made or otherwise, you've paid your dues, served your Country and served the community in which we all safely live - Oh I forgot, paid an enormous amount of tax for all the penalty rates, OT and your salary, for all of your working life !

Most of these bastards have never earned even a days pay, paid a penny in tax and have achieved the only distinction of mastering a 4x4 Land Cruiser or similar, and initiated every way possible of successfully obtaining access to the welfare dollar !

Chris, we all make mistakes, many are of the financial nature, either over commit ourselves, incur too much debt, or whatever - but most of us learn from it, and extricate ourselves out of debt by denying ourselves those things that got us into debt in the first instance.

As I said in my first post, we live in a Nation of rank inequality, and it's simply not bloody well right ! Thinking of you ol' mate, and I hope your fortune(s) turns round for you very soon, until than take good care of yourself, OK.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 29 September 2016 1:15:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I live next door to a public housing estate in Far North Queensland. Since my wife passed on and I have been reduced to a single pension I struggle to make ends meet.

The worst of all this is that if had the govt reserved for its own purposes; the right to create money out of thin air using the exact same method the banks use, the govt could create all the money it needs for its own purposes such as reasonable incomes for people on pensions or retired.

Because the govt did not reserve for itself (us actually)it now has to borrow the money from the bank. Tax is merely a fancy word to hide whats gone on and is still going on,

Before someone jumps up and down screaming about cant let govts print money or run away inflation, bear in mind that govt create about 5-10% of all the money in the Aust economy (bank notes and coins only) and the banks create 90-95%

Now also that govt debt is more a product of interest than spending more that what their getting in.

Read; The Remarkable Model Of The Commonwealth Bank Of Australia by Ellen Brown,

and "Banks Lie" by Australian Chris Fields, a bloke who had his house stolon by the bank.
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Thursday, 29 September 2016 7:18:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris...OSW...yep my dear lady works here in Perth for an unnamed department of the WAPOL dealing with some of societies less palatable creatures. She has been helped into the car on more occasions than I'd care to mention when I pick her up from work, absolutely and utterly broken down by what she has had to read and deal with. Day in and day out reading about the offenders antecedents, broken home, blah blah blah, and then having to deal with the victims, the victims family & loved ones. This even before it has gone to court.

Everyone deserves a 'fair go' and a second chance as they say, everyone has their "rights" also...but it goes without saying the small lead pill would save the taxpayer a motza !

The rorts carried out by these organisations needed to be seen to be believed. You may remember the homes supposedly 'renovated' in an NT community a few years back ? Several $millions of taxpayers money allocated to help disadvantaged communities, construction companies awarded contracts and less than $70,000 of actual resources and materials went on the task of 'renovating' the said dwellings. All under the biggest fraud of recent times - "The Intervention" or as we called it in NORFORCE "Operation Reach Around" ( Op Outreach). An outfit called Territory Alliance was one of the biggest perpetrators of this travesty. There were many more examples like this one and it still continues under various guises, as Chris has related here on OLO.

Yes, a bloke should dab himself up with a can of 'Nugget' - apply for an ABN, then form a small construction company...a veritable license to print money.

Meanwhile the bloke who has served his country or state in uniform is chucked on the scrap heap. I'm calling BS and grabbing my superannuation next year...before the government sequesters it to pay back sovereign debts !
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Friday, 30 September 2016 2:03:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this kind of thing going on right where you stay. I'm just wondering whether you have brought up this issue to anyone else yet? I can only say that perhaps you could look into trying to turn your fortunes around a little by putting a bit aside into some savings bonds if you can spare a little cash out of your monthly pension and ignore the injustice going around you. No point being bitter about what's going on with others but focus on how to improve what you've got going for you. Rooting for you mate.
Posted by webbrowan, Tuesday, 4 October 2016 1:17:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good evening to you WEBBROWAN...

Your suggestion that Chris try and put a little aside each pension day is very meritorious indeed. The only trouble is, after he's met all his mandated obligations, rates, utilities, Rego, etc etc, he's probably not got a penny left in which to put away into Savings Bonds? A thoroughly good thought nevertheless.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 4 October 2016 7:23:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy