The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > how serious about the ecology are we?

how serious about the ecology are we?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Gasoline 50 Cents A Gallon (in the US?)

Don’t laugh. It’s closer than you think. However it’s not exactly “gasoline.” It’s something much better and it will run our present cars beautifully…and, yes, it will cost you the equivalent of gasoline at 50 cents a gallon. What is this amazing fuel? It’s hydrogen…and not just any hydrogen, but hydrogen produced by nuclear power. I prefer to call it “nuclear hydrogen.”

Even if we start building nuclear power plants right now it will take some time (at least 9 years,) to reach that point but as we build each new nuclear power plant the price of electricity will decrease until we reach the point that it is relatively insignificant. When we have at least 1000, or more, nuclear plants in the United States, and at least 20,000 in the rest of the world, we will drive our cars and trucks, ride our buses or trains, fly our airliners, all powered by hydrogen, we will have conquered global warming, ended power shortages, ended water shortages and we will be at peace.

This is not just some “pipedream.” It is not only possible…it is inevitable! The only thing standing in our way here in the United States is a Congress whose primary goal is getting re-elected and some of the morons who presently lead groups like The Sierra Club and Greenpeace (both of which I'm a longtime member.) I suggest we measure all politicians and all environmentalists who want to be elected by their stand against all roadblocks to progress and are 100 percent in favor of unlimited nuclear power.

If we do that we can all live to see a better, cleaner, safer and happier world.

There's much more on this subject at www.nucleargreen.org, and it's worth the trip :-)
Posted by Troublemaker, Thursday, 28 June 2007 10:47:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In your dreams troublemaker !

You obviously know zilch about hydrogen.
You can't even legally park a hydrogen powered car in an unventilated
to specific regulations, parking area. It has to be ventilated at the
top as the hydrogen leaks through the walls of the tanks and forms
an explosive mixture.
You need a tank the size of the boot on an American car to hold a
practical amount of fuel.

As for aircraft what a joke, the tank will be most of the load weight
of the aircraft.

It is just silly.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 28 June 2007 11:24:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bazz:

It's you that doesn't "know zilch" about hydrogen. Here are some facts: Exactly four weeks ago, I was invited to the huge BMW Engineering and Emission Test Center in Oxnard, California. I was invited to drive the new BMW 7 sedan with it's 12 cylinder internal combustion engine. What a thrill, and the performance was outstanding...at least as good or better than any car I have ever driven. Only this was different. It was powered by hydrogen ! ! and it is already being driven in Europe, particularly Germany.

Although BMW was the first, there are now several major companies producing HICE (for Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine) cars, trucks and buses RIGHT NOW. In fact many if not all buses in Amsterdam are running on hydrogen.

Equally as important as the BMW sedan are the many new "gas" stations being built by Shell Oil Company in Europe and here in the U.S. If you're really interested in the facts, I'll be happy to email you pictures of the several Shell stations, along with several of the cars, buses and trucks currently running on hydrogen. I wall also "snail mail" you a copy of the extraordinary brochure BMW has published to promote their hydrogen-powered sedan.

I am also a pilot, and I fly the new Cirrus plane, and it can quite easily be converted to be powered by hydrogen. It will be a lot safer and quite a bit faster. I'm hopeful that it will be available within the next 3 or 4 years.

Apparently, BMW, Shell Oil, General Motors, Ford, Mazda and Chrysler do not agree with your assessment of hydrogen power.

My email address is ralph@nucleargreen.org. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Ralph Andrews
Posted by Troublemaker, Thursday, 28 June 2007 12:27:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy