The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sydney School Bans Clapping

Sydney School Bans Clapping

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. All
Banning clapping in a school does seem a bit odd.

However what Miranda Devine writes?
She does not have a reputation for getting her facts
right. I don't bother reading her.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 21 July 2016 1:48:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Yes, it does seem to be a step away from allowing children's spontaneous creativity and expression.

On the other hand, since it's clear that children should be seen and not heard, (and not often seen either), and short of confining them to some sort of homes or reformatories until they are 18, or preferably 25, perhaps a compromise could be found: no clapping, of course, and fitting them with soft shoes, banning any talking in hallways, no fraternising except during Unsafe Sex indoctrination, and close monitoring in segregated playgrounds at recess and lunch.

Well, if school was no fun for me, why should they enjoy it ? Smelly, noisy, little beasts.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 21 July 2016 2:02:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
david f,

I took Roz Ward at her word and quite seriously.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 21 July 2016 2:16:43 PM
Dear onthebeach,

I looked up Roz Ward who I don't remember hearing of before. She is indeed a Marxist. There may or may not be something of her Marxism in the Safe Schools program.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 21 July 2016 2:31:28 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the 'Safe Schools Programme' about protecting children from all manner of unseemly people and bad influences ? Similar to the 'Safe House' signage we used to see attached to the front of some homes, dotted about the suburbs in our major cities ? Ostensibly to protect our vulnerable children from drug pushers, pedophiles, and youth gangs, etc. A most laudable initiative in my view. Can't see any relationship between protecting the innocence of our precious kids, and a ban on clapping ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 21 July 2016 2:54:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Parents and carers need to understand that they cannot go on auto pilot where their children's schooling is concerned.

Cut the emails and mobile messages and go in person. Volunteer on a regular basis, even where the attendance must be kept short.

Although I must say that some, many, parents could attend more if they really wanted to and the first step would be cutting those discretionary hours on the PC at home and definitely at work.

Few people are aware that interested members of the local community are welcome to take part in P&Cs, School Councils and volunteering and yes, you are listened to. Some of the most valuable support comes from seniors who want to put something back and the lessons of their life experience are valued and a stabilising influence. It is a good way to keep in touch with life, be active and stay young at heart. Just phone the school for the number of the Secretary of the P&C.

Teachers are in dire need of parental and community support. It is not unusual for single interest activists to attempt to disrupt school administration and even the AGM.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 21 July 2016 3:02:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21