The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Us Dollar Devaluation

Us Dollar Devaluation

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I've been hearing rumors D-Day for the US dollar is almost upon us.

http://youtu.be/9FI01zevYxM

http://youtu.be/xlv3FkILciI

http://www.globalresearch.ca/russia-precipitates-the-abandonment-of-the-swift-international-payments-system-among-brics-countries/5480183

I'm sure there's plenty more articles out there.
What do the forum economic brainiacs have to say about this?
What are the repercussions for Australia and have our leaders insulated our country against loss?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 18 April 2016 9:25:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

After your last rant about Australia on Mr. Opinion's thread, why would you care?
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 18 April 2016 10:46:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey ttbn
Regarding the other thread I just don't know that we have the leadership to do anything about it the situation we're in.

I agree with your last comment on that thread as well, though I probably wouldn't of used the word parasites.

And of course I care, I wouldn't be bringing the topic up if I didn't.
Even if sometimes its just so (like you said) I can say I told you so.

I like being informed, I like to stay ahead of the worlds bs, and I don't like seeing the country go down the toilet.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 18 April 2016 11:54:07 AM
AC,

One swallow does not a summer make!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 18 April 2016 2:07:28 PM
Armchair,

People who've invested heavily in gold have lost money, so they're inventing conspiracy theories firstly to explain it, and secondly to try to convince people to buy gold to boost the gold price.

The value of the US dollar's reserve status has declined as financial markets got more sophisticated. The US dollar wouldn't collapse without it; even a sudden loss (which is very unlikely) will only devalue it a few cents against the Aussie dollar (or any other currency).

The effect on Australia will be negligible.

But the global economy won't recover until governments lose their fear of debt.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 18 April 2016 2:48:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well I can confirm that Obama, Biden and Yellen held emergency meetings at the Federal reserve in the last week and some think its in anticipation of the Shanghai Gold Exchange going live tomorrow on the 19th April, which will hold a twice daily physical gold auction priced in the Yuan.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 18 April 2016 9:15:32 PM
Aidan - The banks have admitted manipulating the gold price repeatedly and been fined, trouble is they make more money from lying than they pay in fines. They can't go on doing it forever it will go up. there are a number of scenarios that would make it inevitable.

Send a few bankers to jail.

The whole system would crash in minutes if everyone holding ETF gold certificates wanted to cash them in for real gold, because all they have is paper which can be produces again and again and again. Can't do that with real gold.

People have only lost money on gold if they sell it at a lose, to a lot it is a gamble you can sell it if the price goes up or you can keep your money in the bank and get a few peanuts or in some countries with negative interest rates pay for them to keep your money.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 19 April 2016 12:47:17 AM
Another reason for the emergency meeting might be because Saudi Arabia are threatening to liquidate 750bn worth of US treasuries and any other US assets they have over a bill attempting to release the 911 28pages document, to avoid potential legal action against the kingdom.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/saudi-arabia-threatens-to-sell-american-assets-should-us-congress-pass-911-bill/news-story/0c2f6cf2bdd62b8380d5c84ae2d88be2

http://www.infowars.com/its-time-to-admit-the-911-truthers-were-right/
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 20 April 2016 6:14:01 AM
Hi AC,

And how did that go ?
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 20 April 2016 11:38:45 AM
Hey Loudmouth,
As for the economic side, I was hoping others could provide some insight, as I'm not very learned with these matters, and what it all means.

As for 9/11 I've known for a long time that we weren't given the full story, and I guess we'll just have to see what happens next.
I'm starting to think that there's really 2 parts to 9/11.
The act - and the response in 2001;
and the blame - and the response, maybe now.

Obviously the US has had this card up their sleeve for some time and I wonder whether certain interests have been waiting till the temperature is just right to use it, and hang Saudi Arabia out to dry.
Who knows, maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe not.
It's hard not to question things when there's good reasons to think you're not being told the truth.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 20 April 2016 3:34:27 PM
Well, Armchair, the Shanghai Gold Exchange is live and nothing's happened, which proves my point.

Saudi Arabia suddenly liquidating its US assets would have a much bigger impact, but not catastrophic, and Saudi would probably lose a lot more than America would.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 20 April 2016 3:40:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well its only a gold price index but it does give China some power over gold pricing.
I don't know a lot about this stuff which is why I brought it up and asked.
But Deutsche Bank was caught manipulating metals prices, and also there's the paper trading thing.
The US jobs data says 4.9% unemployment, yet there's 100mn on foodstamps and welfare, that don't add up..
Wasn't Libor about manipulated interest rates?
What about the Plunge Protection Team?

It seems to me that everything's been fiddled with and there's not a lot of truthfulness or integrity over there, the systems propped up on bs.
But as said I'm a novice with economic stuff, I really don't know a lot about it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 21 April 2016 7:11:20 AM
Firstly US would need to peg the US dollar rather than float the US dollar. Some economic theory may say the US Federal Reserve has to sell the US dollar on currency markets.

My thoughts are scary stories are confusing investors and future investors emotional awareness.

The scary stories that do not eventuate, eventually have investors ignoring scary stories. Investors may believe positive stories while ignoring negative stories.

Religion runs on scary Apocalypse stories, scaring children into believing religion will save them from whatever.

I suggest that watching Sunday religions propaganda for the sole purpose of determining how to scare people into doing what religion wants, is a good exercise.

My conspiracy theory is everything is a lie. Market forces are the new god, that wants people to invest rather than spend.

Listeners can't properly figure out what doesn't exist.
What doesn't exist is allowed to sound like what doesn't exist, actually exists.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 26 April 2016 4:00:24 PM
People who've invested heavily in gold have lost money, so they're inventing conspiracy theories firstly to explain it, and secondly to try to convince people to buy gold to boost the gold price.

I don/t think so.

if you go to Paul Craig Roberts site he has a very good article on there where he explains exactly the price of gold and silver have been deliberately suppressed. He explains in great detail exactly how they do it.

PCR is a former assistant secretary to a gvt dept to Ron RayGun.
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Tuesday, 26 April 2016 8:35:36 PM
Referundemdrivensocienty,
Aiden was right earlier when he spoke of people talking gold up so that others will buy it and therefore push the price up - a scenario in which they too profit.

People will do anything for an advantage and for profit, and its a tactic that has been employed by some in the past.

Paul Craig Roberts is a good source of information.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 April 2016 4:56:28 AM
US Unemployment: May 6, 2016. PBS Newshour reported, USA employment statistics for April came out. 160,000 jobs were created, leaving the US unemployment at 5%.
Good news, maybe not. Many years ago, watching US “Nightly Business Report” on SBS television, plus, Paul Keating stated, 5% unemployment is considered full employment.

After 2008, US employment fell to 8% remembering 8.5%. Even though the US DOW Jones Industrial average index has spent much of its time between 16,000 and 18,000 for the past several years... presently around 17,700. I assume, few US experts are getting excited about a bubble of any kind. To get to full employment, while interest rates are very low, a boom of some type must be going on. I would say, an establishment hiring up to 5% unemployment is a sign of an intentional bust, market slump, is coming.

X...X...X...

A following PBS Newshour story, keep teenagers out of trouble by paying teenagers not to get into trouble, sounds stupid. The issue was that teenagers are bored.

I have an idea: give teenagers free tickets to local movie theatres showing actor movie performances of people acting: responsible; wise; skilled thinking; spoken without speaking too fast, actors using correct speaking English. Instead of showing teenagers super hero good defeating evil, fairy tale fantasy, which I could assume has violent emotions lifted, while watchers are also criticising super hero nerdy dress sense. You may notice that X-men and Marvel heroes are usually arguing with each other before they actually do anything. The latest Marvel movie is taking arguing with each other to whose got the right to be uncontrolled by laws super heroes.

I bother to watch Marvel programs and movies once, my curiosity gets satisfied. Television is a matter of finding the best out of a lot of terrible programs. My conclusion is that once good programs are seen, viewer standards for programs rise, leaving bad senseless programs to be ignored. Another conclusion is that producers and directors are paid to keep those emotionally charged people who read, watch and listen to media, dumb.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 1:26:58 PM
I have created a PDF file reading on banks inventing bank credits to pay wages using an idea that whistleblowers and journalists redirect people's attention away from similar ideas. Britain's contribution to the Industrial Revolution. The Great Depression lies of government not having money to stimulate employment. WW2 comes along, every person has a job. After the war, after a short recession, employment issues seems to have vanished.

Rather than post the PDF file here. Feel free to visit:

http://deepthought101.simplesite.com

click on Democracy.

I believe most people after reading to the end, will find the reading convincing.
Posted by steve101, Saturday, 14 May 2016 1:09:03 PM
I don't even watch normal TV much at all anymore.
If you want something interesting to watch or listen to try these.
A few of my favorites...

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/podcast.php
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB1o7_gbFp2PLsamWxFenBg

I'll check out your article and get back to you.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 18 May 2016 7:28:44 PM
http://youtu.be/8ldoULtN9Fk
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 22 May 2016 5:45:25 PM
Aiden,

Quote: 'People who've invested heavily in gold have lost money, so they're inventing conspiracy theories firstly to explain it, and secondly to try to convince people to buy gold to boost the gold price'.

The gold price is being manipulated.
There's 500 ounces of paper gold contracts in the futures market for every ounce of physical gold, and the gold price is determined in this paper market.

They manipulate the gold price by shorting the market.

They dump huge amounts (tons) of gold onto the market in these paper contracts which drives down the price of gold.
This in turn sets off the stop loss orders of the hedge funds.
It sets off the margin calls and the price collapses more.
Then they go back in and buy them back at the lower price covering their shorts and pocket the difference.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 30 May 2016 8:37:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy