The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barnaby Joyce to be the new Deputy Prime Minister.

Barnaby Joyce to be the new Deputy Prime Minister.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
runner,

WTF is your problem with Mr Windsor? Is it just because he was smart enough to know that an Abbott government would be unworkable?

Mr Opinion,

Your link shows that Hurstville's the only part of Sydney where half the people have Chinese ancestry, and in most of Sydney the proportion's much lower. Even in Chatswood the figure is just 32.1%. And remember that's just the proportion with Chinese ancestry, not the proportion who are actually Chinese.

However I was wrong about one thing: Auburn was one of the parts of Sydney with few Chinese people, but it turns out 20.5% of people there have Chinese ancestry.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 12 February 2016 5:46:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Aidan,

Chinese is used in its commonest form to mean people of the Chinese race. They can be born in England, Russia, Egypt, Australia, or Disneyland: they are Chinese by descent as well as being citizens of a particular nation-state. This is how I define the Chinese in Sydney. According to your definition Aboriginals are not Aboriginals because they are Australians because they were all born in Australia. That's wrong but I won't go into the anthropology and sociology of it because you wouldn't understand a word I said.

I think the map shows that at a glance the Chinese make up about 25% of Sydney's population. And this will only increase over the next few decades to what I think will reach 50% of the population of Sydney. Keep in mind that mhaze has been arguing that the Chinese population of Sydney is only 3% i.e.. the map I uploaded would be completely yellow if mhaze is correct. I really think he has got it so wrong.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 12 February 2016 7:02:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mr Opinion,

You can if you want use "Chinese" to mean people of the Chinese race. But don't then make assumptions about the loyalty, culture and values of Chinese people.

"According to your definition Aboriginals are not Aboriginals because they are Australians because they were all born in Australia."
On the contrary, Aboriginality is dominant. According to my definition everyone with an ancestor born in Australia before 1787 is Aboriginal. As is anyone who they adopt. And also anyone initiated into an Aboriginal tribe.

"I think the map shows that at a glance the Chinese make up about 25% of Sydney's population."
Considering the large yellow areas on both sides of Sydney, I think you're misreading the map.

"Keep in mind that mhaze has been arguing that the Chinese population of Sydney is only 3% i.e.. the map I uploaded would be completely yellow if mhaze is correct. I really think he has got it so wrong."
I expect mhaze was referring to those born in China. And if you think a figure of 3% would result in a completely yellow map then you don't know much about maps, demographics or even statistics! There are always clusters.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 12 February 2016 10:07:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr. Opinion, this topic is about Barnaby Joyce and not about your paranoid racist dislike of anyone who 'looks' Chinese.

Barnaby would be one of the first people to call you out for your views.
Are you still stuck in the 'Red's Under The Beds' era?
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 12 February 2016 10:16:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Barnaby is probably the only politician in Canberra that knows which way is up !
He is aware that the energy problem is a much bigger threat to our
comfortable life style than any other problem.

It is a bigger problem than the weather and the debt.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 12 February 2016 10:40:05 PM
A part of me thinks, "Oh gawd, not this sweaty pig as our deputy PM."

But then I remember that this was the only guy who was trying to speed read his way through the 10,000 page document that was the "Work Choices" legislation when every other F-face in the coalition was ready to vote for it without having even having read a single word of what the legislation entailed.

It is for that reason alone that I suspect, and hope, he'll be a good deputy PM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Joyce was, however, instrumental in the original ousting of Turnbull - in preference for the slimy grub Abbott, of all people. That does not demonstrate a good judge of character, and, if it is true, is an example of how he is not fit to represent anybody in parliament.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 12 February 2016 11:02:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy