The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Unions are riddled with

Unions are riddled with

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Dear Shadow Minister,

Great post!

Excellent suggestions.

Dear Jay,

I hope that you're wrong about the Royal
Commission into union corruption.
I hope that it achieves everything it's meant
to do.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 January 2016 7:45:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy: I hope that you're wrong about the Royal Commission into union corruption. I hope that it achieves everything it's meant to do.

So do I foxy, but don't hold your breath. Negotiations done behind the scenes will smooth thing over for both sides & it will be business as usual & everything will go back to as it was.

There will be the usual sniping for the Media to make it look good, but that's it.

Don't hold your breath.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 6 January 2016 9:44:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
May be the new government will put pressure on
the Royal Commission - especially since this is
an election year.

It wouldn't hurt Labor's image either to pursue
cleaning up the unions. Especially considering -
the Opposition leader's
past close connections with the unions.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 January 2016 5:50:12 PM
Foxy,

Thanks for your comments. I hope you are faring better.

The newly released TURC report has exposed systemic corruption and the links with the Labor party. Shorten has two options:

1 Oppose the reforms to protect Labor's revenue stream and risk a DD election rout.

2 Support the reforms and have a realistic chance at the next elections, but lose the revenue and union base.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 7 January 2016 7:04:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy