The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > King of the hits

King of the hits

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hi Nnn,

I think the royal families of France and Britain were quite separate - for one thing, France being Catholic and Britain being nominally Protestant. Britain could have become a collection of tribes for all France cared: it wouldn't have had any reason to follow suit.

The Romans also had armies. I don't think they resolved many conflicts with single punches. Or single champions in combat either. Do you mean the Trojans and Myceneans ? Or Aboriginal groups ?

Hypotheticals can be fascinating: what if Nefertiti had lived to be eighty ? What if America had been three thousand kilometres further west ? What if Jesus or Mohamed actually had existed ? What if chewing gum had been invented two hundred years earlier ?

Wow, there's an exciting idea for an innovative board-game that Turnbull may fund ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 18 December 2015 7:22:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOUDMOUTH
HULLO !
Britain went Protestant because Henry said so. No Henry , no prods.
So you get a Catholic republic little England. Romans had kings who did the street-punch winners-are-grinners:

"When word of this brazen deed reached king Servius, he hurried to the curia to confront Tarquin, who leveled the same accusations , and then in his youth and vigor carried the king outside and flung him down the steps of the senate-house and into the street. "
King Tarquin lived happily ever after and knew the punch-line.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 18 December 2015 7:58:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
nicknamenick,
"His lion and unicorn were seized by authorities and placed in the Canberra High Court which is way above single-punch sentencing."
Very funny, but I think there are a coupe of details you've missed:

1) AIUI the unicorn is of Scottish origin.
2) Do Federal courts still use the lion and unicorn? I thought they used the kangaroo and emu now.
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 20 December 2015 10:56:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In a single hit :
1) Jane Beaufort of Lancaster gifted the heraldic yale to James I when they married in 1424 and it had swivelling horns where the rear horn replaced the front horn when lost in battle.
2) The lion and unicorn are designed in stain glass in a rear window of the High Court to represent the reception of British law.
Both are googly and 1 hit by a billy-goat battering-ram is not funny.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 21 December 2015 5:42:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy