The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inovation, unless we remove the barriers, is simply a 'buzz' word.

Inovation, unless we remove the barriers, is simply a 'buzz' word.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
rehctub, you seem to think fabrication is synonymous with manufacturing. But in reality fabrication is a low value part of the manufacturing process. If we can design something (ta high value part of the process) here, then have it fabricated OS, why shouldn't we?

_________________________________________________________________________________

mhaze, we do not have a governmental deficit problem at all. Running a deficit is normal at this stage of the economic cycle, and any attempt to rush to surplus will fail.

The government no longer borrows in any currency other than the one it prints, so bondholders can be 100% sure they will get their money back.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 10 December 2015 3:47:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
people seem to forget that one of the first splashes of tax payer money for Mr Rudd was to fly 1000 of the 'brightest' to have a talkfest about Australias future. Well they certainly achieved a lot. I knew one of these people personally and can guarantee they were far from bright. We are back to spin over substance which is why the national broadcasters luv it. Anyone wanting to save a little money could get rid of the abc and the country would be a billion dollars better off and suffer no intellectual deficit. I suspect 'innovation' will also mean more money for the CSIRO to push their gw lies.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 10 December 2015 3:55:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butch, back on your old hobby horse I see, claiming people are earning $300 day, as if that is the norm, then trying to link "innovation" to workers pay and conditions. There is nothing new in your line, its the same load of cobblers that the money people have been pushing since the Aussie worker first threw away his begging bowl and stood up for himself and fought for fair wages and conditions. Naturally, you do not intend for that $5 day rate of pay to apply to yourself, being a top notch innovator as you are.

Please explain how Australia has managed to become a leading world economy, and maintain that position, a very rich nation in fact, given all the bludging and ripping off you attribute to its hard working people over the past 200 odd years.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 11 December 2015 4:37:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul, you are living in the past, as the boom day, the ones that helped achieve our high rating are gone.

Paul, $300 per day is not far off the mark, especially in areas where innovation is being sought. Lets face it, we are not expecting the likes of barmaids or checkout chicks to become our innovators now are we. No, we are turning to science, high tech manufacturing and the likes, so I seriously doubt many scientists would work for less than $300 per day. As a highly skilled butcher I certainly wouldn't, and I don't have the degree that the likes of these folk do. So that part of your argument has been put to bed.

My main concern for innovation paul is the way in which workplace laws are structured.

As it stands, an employer can not sack one person, in favour of another simply because they lack a new set of skills that will be required to innovate. That is the largest hurdle innovators will face, and unless the government addresses this crucial point, potential innovators will not risk their investments.

This has long been an unfair imbalance in the current laws, because as it stands, an employer can not replace an employee with a higher skilled worker, yet an employee is free to move on at will. That is simply unfair, because if a position requires certain skills, and you don't have those skills, then what gives you the right to hold on to the new job, when one, your position has become redundant, and two, there is a suitably skilled person ready to fill that position.

Continued
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 11 December 2015 5:49:06 AM
Aidan, Training is a workers responsibility, not an employers responsibility. The problem with training, especially retraining, is that trainees want to be trained, but expect to be paid the high wage for the privilege. That's why we have tech colleges and Universities. Rather than sit at home after their 38hr week, people could be attending training houses in an effort to broaden their skill sets , which by the way is what I did when I was an apprentice. I worked my 60 hours per week, then attended night school, which paid off in the long run.

People no longer respect that fact that you get nothing for nothing.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 11 December 2015 5:51:06 AM
Innovation just another buzz word? Never! Everybody knows that it means 'proactive cultural paradigm'.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 11 December 2015 7:58:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy