The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Europe Needs to Adopt our Border Controls

Europe Needs to Adopt our Border Controls

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Foxy,

That's not surprising. I speak only for myself, of course, but I am very glad that I don't live in Europe, where they all seem to have turned to water. The loss of sovereignty between EU countries (no real borders for Europeans any more) seems to have been extended to Pakistan and other non- European countries. The whole thing defies common sense as far as I am concerned. I was very pleased that Rudd's grand plan to have similar 'community' with Asia died an ignominious death; so are the Asian countries, I believe.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 15 July 2015 5:44:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From the Economist April 25, 2015
"THE European Union likes to boast that it is a force for good. But in the past ten days as many as 1,200 boat people have drowned in the waters of the Mediterranean. An unknown number were refugees from Syria, Eritrea and Somalia fleeing war or persecution. They perished in part because the EU’s policy on asylum is a moral and political failure."

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21649465-eus-policy-maritime-refugees-has-gone-disastrously-wrong-europes-boat-people

"Officials say 1m migrants are camped on the southern shore of the Mediterranean, waiting to embark on a life that is incomparably better than the one they are leaving behind."
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Wednesday, 15 July 2015 5:48:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear CH,

I think its a question of how these 3 overlapping
aims are applied by the Europeans as compared to
the Australian model. I would assume that the
Europeans are not keen to back away from their
legal and humanitarian obligations. And possibly
that is the difference between them and us. To the
Europeans it appears that human rights do matter.

However, Google the subject for yourself.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 July 2015 8:22:46 PM
Asylum seekers riot in Bari italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPv6u7CmCEo
Watch African migrants destroy southern Italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX73ggsMNEI
Calais: Three policemen against 2-300 illegal immigrants on the highway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErwlKvhPQkE
There's another video going around on Facebook of that last incident taken from the cabin of one of the trucks before the Gendarmes arrived on the scene which shows the Africans trying to get into people's cars and in the description it talks about assaults and basically highway robbery all along the road to Calais.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 15 July 2015 8:47:09 PM
Foxy, no the EU is staffed by people who don't care about human rights at all, they only care about their own image and these days they're completely open about their hatred of their own people, traditions and nations. The whole purpose of the EU asylum seeker policy is the prosecution of revenge against European traditionalists by the 1968 generation and a continuation of that platform by their younger successors, Google it if you want.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 15 July 2015 8:52:56 PM
It's partially a matter of demography. The death rate has been reduced by modern western medicine. The birth rate has not been reduced sufficiently. Therefore the countries in question export the commodity in greatest surplus, people. Western ingenuity has created the problem and can possibly solve it.

1. Convene the most competent confectioners and have them concoct a delicious confection.
2. Include in this confection powerful aphrodisiacs, contraceptive material and dietary supplements.
3. Using the air forces of the developed countries drop these concoctions in the appropriate areas.
4.If a government protests stop the bombing in that nation and let the aroused and deprived population overthrow the government so bombing can be resumed.
5. If the Vatican protests drop the confections in that area.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 16 July 2015 9:22:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy