The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barnaby Joyce's withdrawal from Q&A

Barnaby Joyce's withdrawal from Q&A

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. All
Dear Shadow Minister,

The media is not interested in peaceful demonstration.
That does not sell newspapers. That's why "theatre"
appeals. And the media laps it up.
That's the way the game is played.

otb,

Please keep giving us your well reasoned, intelligent,
arguments. You've got them down to a fine art.
You certainly are a superior debater.
Well done again!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 2:07:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

I think that's exactly the point I was trying to make. If Reclaim had been left to its own devices, it would have drawn no attention and died of disinterest. The noisy and often violent anti racist protest drew attention to Reclaim, and made them look calm and rational by comparison.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 2:55:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fox,

Yes, some here have a very short memory, even while they are still channelling the Handbag Hit Squad.

Speaking of which, Julia Gillard is at it again trying to re-write history with her failed 'It was all misogyny' excuse.LOL

The Australian public thoroughly rejected her Gender and Class Wars and tipped the lot of them out of office.

You would think that Labor would be smart enough to replace the failed old Handbag Hit Squad along with L'il Willie Shorten aka 'Whatever She Says' and put them out to grass like Julia.

But no, the factions rule and the union bosses are sticking by Shorten so far...

Interesting times to come for Shorten and crew.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 2:59:04 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

It is disturbing when our attitudes to those
who are different appears to be heightened by media
presentations that distort and aggravate incidents.

otb,

You tell 'em, love!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 21 July 2015 6:11:55 PM
Fox, "You tell 'em, love!"

Thank You for all your endearments and kind words. But in future - why not keep things on a more professional level - which would be more appropriate for a public forum such as this one.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 22 July 2015 1:07:55 AM
otb,

Gee whiz - you quoting me - and me
being - only a womyn. To quote your own words.
I'm so flattered. I'm quite overcome.

And -

You're such a role model, old chap.
I can't help but get excited every time
you post your words of wisdom.

However, why don't you set the appropriate
example - first.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander,
to quote your own words.

Stop hissing
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 22 July 2015 11:53:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy