The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What use are cops?

What use are cops?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
//here is the unpleasant job of getting the decomposing body into the bag.

A policeman's lot is not always a happy one.//

No it is not. Neither is the lot of the fireman, who has to prise dead bodies out of car wrecks. Nor the lot of the paramedic, who sometimes have to deal with traumatic cases of 'dead on arrival'. It's rough being an emergency room doctor or nurse. Soldiers in warzones probably have the worst lot of anybody, and they - firemen, paramedics, doctors, nurses, soldiers - all still do the jobs that are expected of them.

Having a crap job is not an excuse for slacking off. If everybody thought like that the economy would implode and we would have no useful emergency services.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 6:06:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//That seems an idea worth giving a go... Those Taliban types were pretty efficient at hitting transgressors in the streets with big sticks.//

I wasn't really thinking of those caped crusaders. But yes, sometimes, it behooves a man to speak softly and carry a stout stick.

//Plus, all the supporters of corporal punishment will be happy, but won't they have issues with the - you know - Muslimy fanatical thing?//

Stout men taking stout sticks to the backs of young scallywags? Who could take issue to that, sir? Besides, I believe they rounded up every last Thuggee and strung him from the gallows. So that is the last we should see of religious fanaticism.

No, Sir, I am talking about a gentleman being assaulted by common cowards and wastrels, for no other reason save the fact that he was there. And if the Constabulary will not serve in the manner of expected of them, why should a gentleman not seek to set about these vagabonds with the stoutest stick to hand?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 8:50:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forget the stick Toni Lavis, the moment an unskilled person picks up any hand weapon, they become very predictable, & easy meat for anyone skilled at unarmed combat.

I suggest you go & get some unarmed combat training, if you wish to defend yourself. If not, get some running training, & start lobbying for the right to carry a hand gun.

A funny story about the uselessness of some cops.

I was in town, at the main shopping centre when I started having my first heart attack. Knowing how long it can take to get an ambulance in a country town, I jumped in my car & headed for the hospital. At the car park entrance there were two cars stopped, waiting to turn in, one each right & left, the drivers indecisively looking at each other, wondering who had right of way it seemed.

Not having time to waste, I drove through & off to the hospital. When I stopped there a cops car stopped behind me, I assume wanting to book me for not giving way at the car park entrance.

I must have looked pretty bad, as he asked if I was OK. When I told him I thought I was having a heart attack, he said simply Oh, & jumped into his car & shot through. Probably a lot of paperwork if someone dies while the cop is booking them.

I struggled the hundred meters or so to emergency, where the doctor quickly had my clot sorted, but they weren't letting me go home. I arranged a daughter to come & pick up the car, & told her what I thought was the funny story about the cop following me to the hospital.

Continued
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 11:19:19 PM
Continued.

My 5 Ft 2 inch 24 year old daughter went to the cop station & roared the hell out of the half a dozen large flatfoots, & the one diminutive police lady there. An hour later I had this group of cops visit apologising for not offering assistance.

My daughters death stare would make July Bishop look a total amateur. She regularly intimidated very large horses, bending them entirely to her will. I almost felt sorry for the cops, & certainly enjoyed their embarrassment.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 10 June 2015 11:19:31 PM
Toni,

All those that you listed usually deal with fresh meat.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 11 June 2015 12:09:44 AM
TONI LAVIS...

I don't know whether you're a female or male ? Sorry ?

Anyway, concerning your thoughts about taking to these vagabonds with a stout stick...? Go for it ! I'm sure the constabulary wouldn't mind ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 11 June 2015 12:45:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy