The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A new economic imperative - To radically reduce the welfare bill caused by aging ?

A new economic imperative - To radically reduce the welfare bill caused by aging ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Having a service FOR Age Pensioners at (and those that don't comply but simply want to plan their retirement USING their Super) it is my job to know the facts and not the spin about all these matters, and I smile every time we get another "Captain Smirk" alert from a politician as it is always a diversion that says another (illegal) Future Fund FOR politicians and fat cats in under way.

The truth is that the Keating reforms for compulsory Super of 20 years ago are starting to kick in whereby those retiring now will have an amount of Super that will surely prevent them getting FULL Age Pension and more probably less than half.

Moreover the dirty Abbott trick of Grandfathering from 1 Jan 2015 says that half will fade to zip at about 75.

The commonality here is that under Grandfathering the govt actually USES the ABS stats on Life Expectancy in the equation of how much income from your Super (as an Allocated or now Account Based Pension) is EXEMPT from testing, SO I need to keep updating that info in my system.

I can tell you now that the Life Expectancy has gone up by about 1 year in the last 10 years so not as the spin is telling us, and the great inequality here is that because females live longer the equation under Grandfather says they get about 10% less Age Pension than men (hence no wonder that legislation had to be "grandfathered out" under the cover of lies.
Posted by LittleOzemailPensioner, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 9:13:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's all smoke and mirrors
If we listen to Government we have this aging crisis, Where we need more participation and older people to stay in workforce.
2 problems with this 1. How about youth unemployment and a future for young People ? RETIRE PEOPLE NOW 17-25% youth unemployed
2nd fir-pie We need more People to participate ? WHY we have over 800,000 unemployed people with 170,000 jobs on offer. People cant work there is no jobs.
This is all a smoke screen to push through ideological proposals
Posted by Aussieboy, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 10:25:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

The scenario that you're proposing reminds me
of "Logan's Run." A novel by William F. Nolan and
George Clayton Johnson published in 1967 and later
made into a film.

Wikipedia sums it up beautifully and I quote:

"It depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which
both population and the consumption of resources are
maintained in equilibrium by requiring the death of
everyone reaching a particular age. The story follows the
actions of Logan a "Sandman" charged with enforcing the
rule as he tracks down and kills citizens who "run" from
society's lethal demand - only to end up "running"
himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logans_Run
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 10:54:38 AM
"I can tell you now that the Life Expectancy has gone up by about 1 year in the last 10 years so not as the spin is telling us, and the great inequality here is that because females live longer the equation under Grandfather says they get about 10% less Age Pension than men (hence no wonder that legislation had to be "grandfathered out" under the cover of lies."

---

And therein lies the other consequence of the Greer small f feminist takeover in 1970, ie because there was a mandatory requirement for "equality" it became a bit silly with women having to open car doors and pay at restaurants but it took over 20 years for Keating to ask WHY can women retire at 60 when men have to work 5 years more (especially as women were living 4 years more) so we had the absurd "graduation to equality" from 1994 to 2014 of the female retirement age increasing by 6 months every 2 years.

Then IN 2014 once women "became equal" BOTH joined hands and waltzed off together to 67 in 8 years time. Like just how equal can you GET?

But now by hoodwinking both men and women to STAY with Grandfathering there is a $200 billion bonus to the Government over next 20 years but women are worse off than men in the RIPOFF of their Age Pension.

The big worry for the Government is people (men and women) MAY start to think and "Throw Grandfather Overboard" en masse and reclaiming the $10 billion each year.

But I DON'T think that will happen and the Murray Report tells that pensioners TRUST BigSuper and lose "cognitive skills"

Like if the Creme de la Creme "chattering classes" on forums like this missed the whole deal (even when explained to them) what hope is there for the oldies?

But the new cab on the block of Facebook must be a worry to Government because of the snowball effect of just one or two crinklies telling their friends and the cat getting out of the basket.

Watch this space.
Posted by LittleOzemailPensioner, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 2:28:13 PM
o sung wu,
In your quest to be 'devils advocate' some may have missed a sentence in your first post. quote "One such proposition I've heard"

Comon, from whom and where did you hear this proposition?
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 2:40:37 PM
Hi there FOXY...

The entire concept or proposition, is truly frightening if it ever came about ? As I'd fall squarely into that group of people who'd be earmarked for mandated, age-related destruction, as would my wife ?

Do any of you good people who bother to read this banal topic think that in the fullness of time this type of human 'culling' will ever come to pass ? We saw recent evidence of systematic racial culling by Hitler, not a century ago ? Is it possible do anyone think that as a consequence of 'everything' a scenario similar to that of FOXY'S film, 'Logan's Run' may, might, or quite likely, occur ? And the 'enlightened' government of the day undertakes a process of systematic culling of the older generation ? A case of discarding 'worn-out' human beings.

Does anybody think, those who're born in that particular era, will they be made aware, once they're sufficiently mature to fully understand the ramifications, that their own longevity depends entirely on how carefully they take care of their health ? Should they fail in looking after themselves, their destruction will be advanced prematurely ? In any event, once they reach a pre-determined age, they're destroyed, albeit painlessly and humanely ?

What a truly awful future, humankind may/will face ?
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 2:44:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy