The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Year's Resolutions 2015!

New Year's Resolutions 2015!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Oh to be a paragon or moral perfection, DAVID F !
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 2:39:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David f,

"Some of those posters who have disappeared have been removed by Graham Young who has tried to keep a measure of civility in our discussions. Viva Graham Young."

I presume that none of those regulars have been "removed" permanently by Graham. For instance, Ludwig got a month's suspension - his choice not to come back....etc

The only people who are removed permanently are usually blow-in trolls.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 3:03:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, I congratulate you on your resolution. It's not easy to trust your judgement enough to be comfortable with taking ownership of your own outcomes and allow others to be responsible for theirs. I'm sure you'll be pleased with your decision.

OTB, those cats look lovely. My mate with the large tongue and the hairy legs has expressed his interest too. I'm not sure he sees the same qualities that you and I might, though. Perhaps next year, when he's a bit slower.

Hasbeen, one of the advantages of aging that some are lucky enough to experience is achieving the wisdom to know the way to personal perfection. Of course, one of the disadvantages is achieving the wisdom to know that it is going to take several more lifetimes.

Paul1405, hit 'em hard, hit 'em low. At least, that's what I was taught when playing rugby. Seems reasonable in the circumstances.

David f, lovely words and beautiful thoughts, thanks.

Poirot, from my recollection of your circumstances, I reckon you've got enough on your plate. Keep on keeping on.

Foxy, to answer your question, no, I haven't completed my journey of discovery into the nature of humanity, but I've made some steps along the way, I think. I'll keep you posted.

The last couple of years have been pretty tumultuous for me, in a good way I hasten to add. My son has taken the brave step of choosing to come to live with me full time so he can improve his school outcomes, which were a very low priority for his mother and I'm proud to say he's now looking likely to achieve a good enough result for uni studies to be a realistic aim. My daughter has been inspired by his example and a lot of goading to go back to school to complete her senior next year, to my great relief and I've just completed the first year of an Electronic Engineering degree.

My resolution? Grab life by the nuts and squeeze...

May you all do the same. Happy New Year.
Posted by Antiseptic, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 4:11:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hiya Anti,

Lovely to have you drop by.

Sounds like things are coming together for you and yours...as it invariably does in its own sweet time.

Happy New Year....
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 4:16:00 PM
Dear Anti,

Welcome back and I am so pleased that things
are running smoothly for you and yours.
Please keep us posted - we've missed your
input this year, but it sounds like you've
had enough on your plate. Than You for your
advice. I'll give it my best shot.

Happy New Year to You as well plus a warm hug!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 5:22:20 PM
I've just come across this on the web -
and adapted it to suit:

"My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals
of 2014 which I should have done in 2013,
because I promised them in 2012 and planned
them in 2011."

Happy New Year!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 5:40:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy