The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Garbage - we must have a zero waste, zero packaging lifestyle

Garbage - we must have a zero waste, zero packaging lifestyle

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
ABS: "Australia's growing economy and its increasing use of energy, other resources and technology has seen more waste produced than ever before."

I agree. I saw documentary "Waste land" http://www.wastelandmovie.com/

A youtube is on their site - that will shock you. There is however a solution, like I took up.

http://smallnotebook.org/2009/05/15/a-single-bag-of-trash/ It shows a couple in New Zealand who put out 1 bag of rubbish in a year.

Will you take up the challenge?
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 18 July 2014 11:05:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NathanJ --will *YOU* take up this challenge?

Each year the various govt bodies create mountains of waste through duplicating documents, posters, training manuals & whatnot's into a myriad of "community languages". Will you demonstrate your commitment to waste reduction by calling on the govt to hereafter only publish in English?
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 19 July 2014 4:38:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
nat..i wrote a thesus;once about longreach dump
it should be n their archives

everything we ever bought;goeS the dump
its well known that collecters pay moRE FOR THE BOX[THAN THE THING IN THE BOX]

AT LONG reach IOFFERD THEM A PAID GRABAge pickup sourse
[we pay you for your garbage/subject to a few simple rules
break nothing/keep the rubbish dry/and as uncrmpled as we can

the thing is paper holds values as i pointed out in my long rEach thesus..THE WASTAGE IS HUGE[I LIVE OUT OF RUBBISH BINS]..GRAT FORTUNES ARE THROWN INTO THE RUBBISH IGNORANTLY

ALL COUNCILS SHOULD RUN A VALUE RECOVERS PROCESS
NO RATES PAYED BY THE RATE PAYERS AT ALL [i was going to show it at longreach/and again at the nimbin mardigrass..but now im over it

it might help you know/the evolution of where that junk ends up
http://www.ghostcircle.com/ebooks/JSM_Ward%20-%20Gone_West.pdf
Chapter XXX The Fifth Division. The Blatant Materialists. Churches in Hell .............................. 153
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 20 July 2014 10:47:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reducing rubbish is up to the consumer. No manufacturer will spend money on something that no-one wants to buy. packaging is purely to satisfy consumer demend. Look at airline food packaging, what senseless waste but consumers will not accept food unless it's wrapped in plastic. It's the consumers who need to wake up.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 20 July 2014 2:41:13 PM
Are Ludwig and NathanJ the same person? I have my suspicions. I notice that they have almost identical phrasing approaches in certain areas.
Posted by Right Is Right, Sunday, 20 July 2014 2:57:53 PM
The keyboard greens are going to get a rude shock if the bubble wrap tree that produces all of their meat and other foodstuffs is cut down.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 20 July 2014 2:59:14 PM
the bubble wrap tree that produces all of their meat and other foodstuffs
onthebeach,
Whaddaya mean tree ? Doesn't food come from the Supermarket shelves ? Are you trying to traumatise our academics ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 7:31:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy