The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Wicked Campers

Wicked Campers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
otb,

"The politically correct ban this, ban that over-reaction makes Australia a laughing stock internationally. However the serious side is the very nasty censorious wowserism, intolerance and authoritarianism of the leftie 'Progressives', the self-titled wolves in sheep's clothing, who are intolerant of free speech."

What about lovely examples of "free speech" such as:

"In every little princess there is a slut who wants to try it just once..."

You approve of such slogans being trundled around the streets for the eyes of young children to feast upon...and mind you, they're not piddling bumper stickers, they are are great swathes pasted upon the sides and backs of vans.

You know well enough that there are limits to free speech. Do you believe those sorts of sentiments are fit for wider community exposure?

It's not as if the vans can be encompassed in brown paper bags like the smutty magazines of bygone days.

It purely and simply puerile "smut".

And you appear to think it's just the ant's pants for to have driving around communities.

Good stuff, eh?
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 July 2014 7:44:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< You appeared not to be offended by Rolf Harris's criminal behaviour. Yet you are offended by slogans on camper vans. >>

Foxy, please see my response here:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6462#192953
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 17 July 2014 7:59:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you people were better drivers, like me, you would be watching the road, & not even see those slogans on the back of a van. I have never seen one.

Of course it could be I live in a better part of the country, not frequented by these vans.

Perhaps it is just too boring to attract such Risque traffic.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 17 July 2014 8:05:46 PM
Now you are being silly Poirot. Maybe a seat, a cold compress and a nice cup of tea. You can save the hysterics for the 'Ain't it awful' chats on the bus on the way to Bingo at the club.

It is coarse, low level satire. Bawdy. There is a place for it, or at least comedy and satire shouldn't be banned. My 'approval' either way is quite irrelevant. Do you have the photo of that van with Anna Bligh on it? After what Anna Bligh did to Queensland a backpackers van would be child's play. Oops, what about the children?

I am surprised that The Chaser didn't think of the vans first. It is that sort of humour, although Wicked is much milder and of course they don't have all of those taxpayer dollars to defend themselves with either (unlike the ABC).

The Wicked slogans are your Satanic Versus, right? The PC religion of the leftie 'Progressives' says ban and burn. Wage 'Progressive' Jihad against backpacker vans? LOL

Perhaps have a Bex with that cold glass of water and rage on Twitter.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 17 July 2014 8:13:17 PM
otb....what a class act your are!

Just the sort of thing we want our children to have trundled past them.

"In every little princess there is a slut who wants to try it just once..."

Like, I said - you're all class...

(Lol!)
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 17 July 2014 8:23:31 PM
<< Just the sort of thing we want our children to have trundled past them.

"In every little princess there is a slut who wants to try it just once..." >>

But Poirot, this sort of thing has been around for many years now. I remember noticing Wicked Campervans when they first came out. They were very distinctive with those prominent spray-painted ‘bawdy’ slogans.

I thought at the time; ‘well, there’s something that’s going to be reined in real quick like.’

But they persisted.

So…. how bad are they if they can remain, in such a prominent and abundant manner, for such a long time?

Surely this means that there aren’t too many people who are really concerned about it…. and that there isn’t really too much wrong with it.

Are some of their slogans offensive to women or children? Yes possibly. But surely not any significant extent.

Afterall, our kids get exposed to the full gamut of foul language and sexual innuendo at school and with their friends from an early age.

And there are much more offensive, and outrightly dangerous, things out there on the roads, in the form of rank drivers.

As much as I have found some of the Wicked slogans a little offensive, they are absolutely nothing compared to the copious highly offensive tailgaters, speeders and other belligerent drivers, as well as unmuffled Harley riders and various other assorted reprobates on our roads!

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6077
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 17 July 2014 9:11:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All