The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Feminists & unintended consequences,

Feminists & unintended consequences,

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Feminism seems to confuse many people. They seem to believe that wanting to be equal means wanting to be the same.

It doesn’t, it never has. It simply means wanting equal opportunities, equal pay for the same work and an equal right to control and manage your own life and decisions.

A feminist believes that a woman is of equal value to a man, not the same as one, but she is also someone who wants to be seen as a human being first and as a woman second.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 25 June 2014 3:13:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Moreover, feminism is an entirely honourable movement. Since Mary Wollstonecraft penned “Vindication of the Rights of Women” in 1792, women have slowly made progress – at least in the West – to full human rights.
Feminism gave us the right to an education, the right to vote, the right to higher education, the right to our own earnings and inheritance, the right to have custody of our children, the right to say no to sex in marriage and the right to say yes to it outside of marriage and the right to know about our own bodies and reproductive organs.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 25 June 2014 3:16:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,

Put the blame where it belongs. Of course the people who sell houses to us would dearly love to strip us of all our money. The same is true of the people who sell us car insurance, kitchen appliances, toilet paper, or all the other types of goods or services that exist in our economy. Competition keeps the prices of most of these things down, however. House prices have gone up because the politicians have restricted supply (by refusing to release land for housing, refusing to stop land banking by developers, and refusing to go ahead with decentralisation) and boosted demand (through a mass migration policy that will double our population in a little over 38 years). They have also increased costs by demanding a lot more up front for infrastructure costs, which is understandable in view of the growing population. The higher housing costs have forced women to go to work, even though many of them would have preferred to stay at home with their small children or to work shorter hours.

The politicians have also contributed to the two income family by oversupplying the labour market (through toleration of off-shoring and mass migration), so that women become reluctant to give up jobs, as they might not be able to get another one or another one as good. I recall a colleague who continued working full-time, even though she had three children under 5 and was showing severe stress symptoms, such as fainting spells. She told me that she and her husband had calculated that given all the benefits available, the family was only $100 a week better off with her working. She was putting herself through all that stress because she didn't want to give up her permanent job.

The politicians also brought in no-fault divorce. It is not a smart move to put yourself in a situation where you are one man away from welfare.
Posted by Divergence, Wednesday, 25 June 2014 3:59:00 PM
i was going to post/that soon woMAN need to rally..together
accross party divide[but not to rule as men/do

http://www.voltairenet.org/article178638.html

not[by disipline/vile..but by the mothers compassion/the nanna nurture/the matriarchy[where a smith goes into hospital and has a child of the same name as its mum]..govt becomes more like the ideal mum/spoils all kids/then the men get the grown-ups

think invasion[war\kills the men
http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/16-ways-supreme-court-built-police.html

makes woman change tHE NAME..;TO HIDE THEIR SHAME
AND HIGHLIGHT THEY ARE A OSSESION OF MAN/TROUBLE BEINGsome men are lower than slaves and as civilised as beasts[these cant all be the affect of rape/thing is woman chose /who bfertilises the egg/a smART WOMAN can build a dynasty/of the best genes she could find/combined with her

talk about living through ya kids[but thats all some of us have.

and girLS ITS EITHER hillary/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666265/I-tried-care-money-I-says-Chelsea-Clinton-married-hedge-funder-lives-11m-home-paid-600-000-NBC-doing-nothing.html

or CHELSI

michelle
pick the winner early/this is for the sisterhood/god made youco-creators/for good reason..
http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-life-of-an-average-american-sheeple-citizen/

recall the serphanT DID ASK EVE..didst god forbid?
and truth is god forbad adam/not you*[besides the mozaic laws in 5 ways give reasob..for a patriarchal/figure\to forgive a woman/her foolishness

a clever woman/would see the hard work..is done[the relevent texts/sorted/now what do they say.by the book\free your sisters
by forcing respect/from the men.but giving respect..too
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/010-women-worth-less.htm

damm i never heard karen sing when i fall in love nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgaiE94Klgc
NOW/THAT..OTHER..LINK..er

http://www.voltairenet.org/article178638.html
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 25 June 2014 4:21:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A..Woman's/Worth..*Relative..to a Man's..
is/the..MORAL-measure/of acounting.

ITS/merely an..accounting measure
by which..to accord..ACCOUNTABILITY/responsibility/

if a man/does..it/thats twice,,as bad/as
If,,a woman/did..the same.DEBT/OR..CONTRACTUAL-foolishness

Question:Does Islam teach
that..a woman..is..worth[VALUED*]..less than a man?

Summized/assumed\Answer:

Absolutely...The only.debatable point i\s..by/..to\what degree.

men are..bigger stronger/freeer/for sure
thus..to whom much..is given much/more[double]..heis expected[untill jill becomes jack],he,be twice/the man

The Qur'an,,(4:11)THE LAW;-re(Inheritance)

;"The male..shall have..the equal..of
the portion/of..two females"..[in cost's/or inheritance/as a woman more/easy joins-in\the duTIES..OF a good\mother/[than a man]fits in with/another man][and/still\feel..a..man.

(seealso v\erse 4:176).

In Islam,..sex-ism is/mathematically established.[2TO1]

Qur'an (2:282)JUDGING;TESTIMONY-in(Court testimony)

"And call to..JUDGE,..from among your men,...two witnesses.
And..if two men..can-not/be not found..then/then a man and two women."

BECAUSE/TWO WOMAN..WILL SHARE..confidences
AND MAN..SHARES ONLY/WITH GREAT DIFFICULTY

Muslim apologists offer..creative explanations..to explain
why Allah..felt that a man's..testimony>>

hold it/HOLD IT

THIS WASNT..ANY TESTIMONY
its about..deciding/judges\judging/hearing witness*

<<>.in court..should be valued..twice
as highly..as a woman's,>>=TO BALANCE THE..justicable/ DECISION..<<<..but studies consistently/show that women..are actually less likely\to tell lies/than men,>>

THUS TWO WOMAN[PLUS
ONE MAN/MAKE\PEFECT JUDGES/bench.

<<.. meaning that..they would
make..more reliable witnesses...[hence judges]

Qur'an (2:228)-"and the men..are a degree above them [women/presumed?.]

[MUST READ IN CONTEXT*]"

Qur'an (5:6) -
"And if ye .[any/all]..are unclean, purify yourselves.>>

SOUNDS GENERIC

<<>.And if ye are sick..or on a journey,
or one..of you cometh..from the closet,[dunny]..[UNCLEAN]..[IE/ALL]

<<>>or ye have/had contact;}..\with women,>>

WHATS THE CONTEXT/TO BE HOLY BEFORE GOD?
RITUALY PURE TO CHANEL THE INNOCENTS?

SO/FOR CONTEXT..IF YA DIRTY..<<>.and ye find not water,
then go to clean,..high ground and rub your faces =..and your hands with some of it" ..>>

THATS DESERT SENSE
WE LEFT THE DESERT

<<..Men are to rub dirt on their hands if there is no water to purify them following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).>>

MATE/I KISS THEIR FEET/HANDS LIPS AND ITS GREAT
WE HAVE THINGS CALLED SHOWRS/their best with others to rub ya back[or hug you in the bath/face to face[only gods loving grace mercy between thee and me..

teeheeee..me/me

but seriously/my guides advise/sometimes/its too much intinimidation..yet not rape/but i bid my guides be silent.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 25 June 2014 4:56:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
579, you are making the same basic mistake that some of the strongest critics of feminism make. Assuming feminism is uniform with one set of goals. It's very clear that's not the case, I doubt that there are many movements/ideologies etc were that truly is the case.

There are some feminists as you describe but many of those who get the press, run the gender studies units etc are clearly not as you describe.

There are some feminists who understand that we are all in it together and work to improve opportunities for all of humanity, others who run very gender centric campaigns (often also treating women who don't fit with their values as disposable or letting down the side).

As with many issues many on both sides seem to be firmly entrenched on a "side" rather than working towards goals such as those you describe.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:15:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy