The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tax 50% of the sacred cow and reap billions

Tax 50% of the sacred cow and reap billions

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Pericles – I’m afraid you will have to stay unconvinced. I read an article on line that was a simple country by country analysis, but for the life of me I have been unable to locate it again. There are plenty of gambling sites however. Notwithstanding there are many countries within the EU as well as the US that tax winnings?

This however has little to do with the point I was making in the first place. The point was, here is a source of revenue that in my opinion does no harm to a winner although it reduces the wind fall and would have some positive outcome when it comes to problem gamblers and money launderer’s.
Posted by Producer, Saturday, 24 May 2014 8:22:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The US includes winnings as earnings when a citizen reports their income for tax purposes. But you can also offset losses.
Pericles,
I think that's fair. What I think as highly unfair is that victims of crime in Australia aren't compensated, have to fork out for legal fees whilst the low life gets legal aid thrown at them paid for by the victims. I suppose if the Coalition wanted to put a stop to that Billy the Kid will block it.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 24 May 2014 10:01:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Producer, your picture is too small. The total turnover of the share market including currency trades, and derivatives is $135 trillion pa.

Just a 0.1% turnover tax will raise an additional $135 billion in tax revenue. No need for more taxes and we can pay off the debt.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 24 May 2014 10:14:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay – Soap and Water, how dare you suggest such a large tax on the have’s.

Individual – All we have to do is remove the pile of money that sits between Law and Justice.
Posted by Producer, Saturday, 24 May 2014 10:48:37 AM
Producer....what a mean spirited thought.....

Global Miners operations in Australia return more profit on invested dollar than any of their other global pits.
Thet are not paying enough tax. Tax the Miners selectively, by resource type rather than sector wide with a straight percentage tax rather than the ridiculous industry profit tax that the Miners scared Gillard into.

Right now I would be taxing the CSG segment....it is cheaper to pump it and sail it to the Northern Hemisphere from Australia, than to ship it from the US across the Atlantic to Europe....they do not pay enough tax....
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 25 May 2014 12:02:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy