The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Old school views and the younger generation.

Old school views and the younger generation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Those kids are much more concerned about gay marriage than climate change, and about asylum seekers than sustainability.

Wrong priorities!

I don’t like the lack of respect for our PM either.

I wonder what people like this would make of our country if they took the reins in ten or twenty years time.

Sorry SteeleRedux, but I agree with Indi.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 17 March 2014 9:17:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep the secular dogmas that have indoctrinated kids with green religion and perverted behaviour on display. No doubt the kids have been warned of the dangers of diseases from practicing sodomy and the totally failed green schemes. Not much chance of becoming thinkers if you are being indoctrinated by leftist teachers.
Posted by runner, Monday, 17 March 2014 9:55:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, it was interesting seeing Abbott start out in patronising mode, only to be confronted with well informed articulate teenagers.

Then he had to attempt to articulate himself, realising that his usual sloganeering wasn't going to cut it.

Also notable in the wings was puppet master Credlin chaperoning her charge as usual.

All you people criticising those young people, don't appear to have a problem with a cardboard cut-out PM, replete with IPA slogans and not much else.

Nice to see him challenged by the next generation of leaders.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 17 March 2014 10:23:42 AM
I'd also like to add for those who think the students' behaviour was rude.

You might like to tune into Parliament Question Time in the future. The "rudeness" and hostility which unfolds there is something to behold. These teenagers, one may imagine, have watched proceedings in QT and come away thinking that's how it's done.

Those questions fired at the PM pale in comparison to the usual belligerent fare tossed about on the floor of the House whenever parliament is sitting.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 17 March 2014 10:37:27 AM
Poirot, parliamentary behaviour is disgraceful. But I doubt that it has much to do with the general lack of respect that those kids showed to our PM.

I don’t have much time for Abbott. It is early days but I reckon he is probably going to be our second worst ever PM, after Rudd!

But I think that he deserves respect, if only because of the high office that he holds.

And it would have reflected very well on those kids if they’d shown that sort of basic respect.

It is not the nature of the questions that they asked, but the nature of their rather noisy carry-on that I found distasteful.

We want the next generation to improve our political system, and therein improve the level of respect shown to each other at all levels of politics, don’t we?
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 17 March 2014 10:59:14 AM
Another joke!

Kids under about 25 minimum are nothing but what some parent, teacher or professor has put into their head.

People who have to use them to push their ideas are gutless users.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 17 March 2014 11:21:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy