The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 10 Things i would like to see changed in Australia

10 Things i would like to see changed in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I'm a bit different here.

1/ Stop monopolies. No company to control more than 20% of a market. Clip the wings of Coles, Woolworths etc.

2/ Sack all planners. No government has ever got it right before, why would anyone expect them to now. Get government the hell out of our lives.

3/ Stop the tomfoolery with alternative power, before it destroys us, as it is doing to Europe.

4/ Cut tertiary education in half, particularly pretend stuff. We need trades & engineering training, not more burger flipping arts graduates.

5/ Same story, train our own, rather than import Pommys to run our mining & other industry.

6/ Cut the health budget. We can't afford to do transplants on every hasbeen or granny. General health care free, special stuff pay your own way.

7/ Cut all bureaucrats by 50% over 5 years.

8/ Stop all immigration including refugees, until real unemployment is at 4%.

9/ All judges to be elected so we might get sentences the public agree with.

10/ Lawyers & ex lawyers ineligible for election to any parliament, or to the bench as judge.

Otherwise I agree with most of the ideas.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 3 March 2014 9:04:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual>> Aussieboy & Philip S,
Ok, let's do it. It only needs 3 people to provide their names & other detail & we have a valid petition & forward it to the Governor General to be tabled in Parliament.<<

Indy you are barking up the wrong tree.....the petition needs to go to those who control our destiny.....the European Banking Cartel...
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 7:01:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some good points there hasbeen
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 9:26:33 AM
'Allo? Someone mention my stage name?

>>Goodonya! Aussieboy. I wonder if your summary passes the wisdom of Pericles test, if so perhaps we are all on the same side after all.<<

I don't know about the wisdom bit, but lists like these remind me inexorably of those onstage interviews between the smarmy MC and a string of aspiring Miss Worlds...

"So, honey, what do you wish for, most of all?"

"Well, like, y'know, I wish that all the people of the world would simply like get on with each other, y'know, so we don't have any more wars and stuff, and the world could like live in peace, y'know..."

[Applause]
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 10:31:37 AM
Faltering voice, tears of emotion and running mascara.

OK, that is quite enough about the posters.

Miss World? She can say whatever she likes.

However the Muslims required neck to knee in 2013 and got away with that. Next time, if there ever is one, the full doona and boots. The western feminists, droopy rotund mustached lot that they are, always support Muslims and now they can add another excuse for doing so.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 11:47:34 AM
10 things I would like to change about Australia:

1 Any new (and old) legislation needs to be reviewed by a productivity committee to assess the unintended costs passed on to business and these costs published.

2 Tariffs and quotas on imports need to be removed, and the costs to the consumer reduced.

3 Unions need to be treated like public companies and produce audited books every year.

4 The penalties for white collar crime in businesses need to be applied to unions.

5. Unions need to lose their monopoly, and workers in a particular industry should be able to choose which union they join.

6. Privatise all state owned industries that compete with private industry such as Qantas, telstra, medibank private, etc, and use the money to build more infrastructure.

7 Scrap the carbon tax and RET, and fix state installation of renewable generation to the same proportion of GDP as other major trading nations.

8 Start unwinding the nanny state and give individuals their freedoms and responsibilities back.

9 Hand the governance of schools to the principals and the school board, to let them choose the best teachers, and promote them on performance not seniority.

10 Stop school kids and baby bonuses and all additional cash welfare, but provide vouchers for standard uniforms, books etc that can't be spent on booze, pokies etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 12:45:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy