The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Time for Parental Intervention?

Time for Parental Intervention?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Oh Dear, it is not important, they both have missed the point.

Global Warming whether real or not does not matter.
It is no longer important.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 12 November 2013 7:58:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OUG,

"In a new and smaller report issued today,..four of the lead authors of the NIPCC report..Dr. Craig-D..Idso,..Dr.Robert M..Carter,..Dr. S. Fred Singer,..and Dr. Willie..Soon"

(Hey, hey...I reckon you've scooped up a goodly portion of star contrarians there : )

"..offer a withering critique..of the IPCC’s Summary for Policymakers, a 30-page summary..of the much larger repor.. that is still being revised...Among the..“retreats”..they identify in the IPCC’s latest report:

*.Global temperatures..stopped rising..15 years ago.despite rising levels..of carbon dioxide,..the invisible gas..the IPCC claims is responsible for causing global warming.
* .Temperatures were warmer in many parts of the world approximately 1,000 years ago, during the so-called Mediaeval Warm Period.
*..Antarctic sea ice extent is increasing rather than shrinking.
*..Climate computer models fail to reproduce the observed reduction in surface warming trend over the past 10–15 years."

Keeping in mind:

"The NIPCC report, meanwhile, was compiled by paid contributors and did not go through rigorous peer review. Furthermore, the body that published it is a joint project of three fossil-fuel-backed groups, including the Heartland Institute, which earned its bona fides as "the world's most prominent think tank promoting skepticism about man-made climate change" through stunts like associating "belief" in the issue with the Unabomber. Previous editions of the NIPCC report have been called "dishonest" and "not a credible scientific undertaking...."

But, hey your's is not a comprehensive list of climate change myths....

This is a comprehensive list of climate change myths:

http://skepticalscience.com/argument.php

If you don't mind going back to Skeptical Science, you'll find all the myths you could wish for.

There are 174 listed there - each with a response based on the science.

If you stick to the myths themselves, you could memorise them and that way you'll never be without one to put forward on this or other blogs.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 12 November 2013 9:20:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>Could a Royal Commission into human induced climate change draw out the issues of difference and offer reconciliation?<<

Seems reasonable. But the true believers on either side won't like it; they'll think it is a waste of money to establish a fait accompli.

On reflection that makes it sound like an even better idea. When both sides in negotiation consider the proposed solution a bloody stupid notion, the proposed solution is probably close to being the best solution.

King Solomon had the right idea but unfortunately there aren't any obvious babies to sever in this debate.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Tuesday, 12 November 2013 11:02:01 PM
This subject brings with it *every time* a near state of verbal war.
Tony in the post above mine speaks with common sense, about a true debate.
Common sense but totally imposable!
I expect a very small minority use such threads with tongue in cheek to stir.
In fact it is my view both sides believe what they say.
Nothing is harder to move than a closed mind.
I see, sorry remember I said we believe what we say, *this threads opening path* was and is insultingly challenging to science and thoughts other than the authors;.
Can we agree man abuses rivers streams and the sea?
We dump just about anything in or on our land, surely we agree?
And do we concede SOME things released in to our atmosphere should not be there?
OUG says the science is fraud, WHY?
WHO wants to tell the world lies? to what end? who gains from Abbott,s view climate change is crap?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 5:43:48 AM
Tony Lavis that was too close to a WM Trevor post. Greater differentiation is needed with the next one, otherwise, people will be a wake up to your Punch and Judy routine.
Posted by KarlX, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 5:53:16 AM
dear poirot..im skeptical..because..of the distortion..of the science
but..yo behold warmists..claim EVEN the.name skeptical..as theirs..thats too clever..by too far..my dear

that reveals premeditation..ie planing..on behalf of GOVT shils

you say heartland..is big coal..well the other..is big govt wanting taxes..and the leaders have reaped..in great wealth..[so money is clearly their weakness

you claim thousands..of experts..
but reaDING 20 PAGES INTO...YOUR PROOF

i noted that each page..was a new section..we got fossil paper's for egasample[a full page..of them..]funny enough a full page of all sorts of strange stuff...[almost like they said...we need 20 experts for..each page..and found them..[done]

mate..if my wife lies to me..she lied
this mob lied to..me too..many times..belly says i..dont trust science..but i do...trust science..but not that application..of science..and..just not their..cure..to their problem..nor the real cause..[its not man made..its made by INDUSTRY-polution..not all men

but putting man..into the guilt-seat
well..thats clever..guilt/spin

and..funny enough..the cure for..all this OVER/INDUSTRIALIZATION..from..lol..a..govt ngo=build more industries..making..polluting solar cells
building more wind-farms..CANNOT..be..carbon-free..lol..build more web sites..with confusing names

but..the INDUSTRIALIST..poisoners..of our world wan.. more money
to..*rebuild everything..all over again..with my dollars
funny how money fixes anything..but..we damm near destroyed..the earth..the first/phase..of industrialization..now..THEY..want/us to..rebuild it..after pulling it down..[insane]

its insane..
your defending..those gone insane..from industrial-greed

you..will save the world..for free..but those feeding you..the poisen..get rich..there is a nice.name .for that..*not that i name it upon you..cause i see..i have done it..many times myself..but they call those/./working for free..useless idiots..

but..funny enough..we useless-idiots..are the last..to see
[see our passion..has made us..blind deaf..and dumb

..[all..the real..[paid]...lobby need do..is add..a bit of fuel to the..fire and..let us usefull-idiots..do their..well paid job..for them

you would need recall..who gave you..the links..in-the first place
then..to see where..they got the money from..for these thousands of scientists..to do their PAID STUDIES*..

who paid..govt..?
industry?..who needs more..money govt?..industry?

[no..govt..is too loose..its the public_service
servicing..the boys club/industrialists/bankers/layers..and the pr mob

anyhow..i will continur..being..a usefull idiot
so im presuming will..the rest of us

why?..we stopped listening..
not caring

bye
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 6:43:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy