The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Serial rapist release.

Serial rapist release.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. 44
  9. Page 45
  10. 46
  11. 47
  12. All
Now this is stunning.
My mum was born in Bargo, Dad in Bowral 16 kids from Yass to Yandera.
And I shot rabbits around the back of Mittagong.
My Dad would have taken every gun away, with my help.
Guns do not kill but idiots holding them do.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 21 October 2013 2:58:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

I share your concern at the number of deaths but you might be able to target one of the worst killers.

Gun deaths in Australia for 2010 (all categories) 236.
Estimated number of firearms in civilian hands 3,500,000.
Ref: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/australia

Number of deaths 6.7/100,000 firearms, but far less for registered firearms and firearm licence holders.

Motor vehicle deaths, for 2010 (all categories) 1,362. mostly by licenced drivers.
Number of motor vehicle fatalities per 100,000 vehicles. 8.4 (mostly registered vehicles).
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_Australia_by_year

On the face of it it would seem that people with cars are more of a danger than people with guns, not that this has got anything to do with condoning the rape and the coddling of rapists by denying potential victims the most effective means of protecting themselves.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 7:50:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, Be worried right now. Bargo Yandera all under fire siege right now. Could lose a couple of those towns.
Caught rabbits by hand out the back of Mittagong there were that many, Rabbit stew was a staple along with blackberries and Chokos.
I went to school at the Mittagong South school on the Old South Road.
My great grand parents had a Cob & Co wayside change station and pub just back from the Diamond Fields road. Grandma had and affair as a young girl with "Captain Starlight" hung and buried in the cemetery next to the school.
Great place to live except for the cold. I had two shops, an interest in the Empire Theatre and a wood-works factory there at different times as well as policing the district in the Belanglo crap.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 8:29:28 PM
Chris,

I also hunted in the Mittagong area a lot, had very good friends with properties there.
One property was in the valley to the west of Hilltop and the other was out along the Wombeyan Caves Road.
My best mate was from the Caves Rd one and his wife was from the valley.
He did the courting by riding across on horseback, he was keen!

He is buried in the little private cemetery near the Grid power lines in the valley. you probably know the spot.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 23 October 2013 8:03:48 AM
Mise,
Do you mean the along the Wombeyan Caves Road in St Thomas church yard or Joadja Valley where the old retorts are.
I had the worst property out on Joadja Road, even the goats hated it. I sold it to a Sydney yuppie for 5 times its value and moved to Burradoo.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Wednesday, 23 October 2013 8:22:52 AM
chrisgaff1000, "I had the worst property out on Joadja Road, even the goats hated it. I sold it to a Sydney yuppie for 5 times its value"

LOL

Mate commenting on the section of 'secluded, natural, strewn with granite boulders, gnarled eucalyptus and views to valley' property his REA off-loaded for him: "They will have to take some snakes to keep them company".
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 23 October 2013 8:54:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. 44
  9. Page 45
  10. 46
  11. 47
  12. All