The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does legal assistance cost too much?

Does legal assistance cost too much?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
anyhow..things change
and as things change..we dis empower..those looting society

how may things change
by saying no..its over..your serving shareholders
by abusing householders..[govt works for main..street..not suburbia

well..the lamb roars
[lamb-island..is succeeding in secession
and will..have their own banking credits systems..just wasit and see

or help..make it happen
we do have alternatives..

anyhow
here is an example of non-violent change
never ever never..any but..ever passive..change..for cause of course

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040&page=0
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 3 October 2013 11:04:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
if you know..the law is built on a social contract
you..learn to note the signs of abuse [social-disparity]

you see that we must find a way..to free..the people
by binding thew ego..of those too clever by far[..the smartest guys in the room][able to make it up as they go their max ego]..but enough

dont..get tough
get even

suc-ceed

but how
anyhow..things change
and as things change..we dis empower..those looting society

how may things change
by saying no..its over..your serving shareholders
by abusing householders..[govt works for main..street..not suburbia

well..the lamb roars
[lamb-island..is succeeding in secession
and will..have their own banking credits systems..just wasit and see

or help..make it happen
we do have alternatives..

anyhow
here is an example of non-violent change
never ever never..any but..ever passive..change..for cause of course

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040&page=0
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 3 October 2013 11:11:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405, "You can get divorced for about $300 and you don't need a lawyer"

You are in fairy land.

What about leaving the political spin at the door and having a reasonable discussion?
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 3 October 2013 1:53:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OTB, you don't know what your talking about. Not long ago I got divorced myself, done all the work, very easy, not a problem if you have a bit of nouse that is, and guess what it cost me about $300 to lodge the paperwork in the Family Court, so who's in fairy land. A half wit could do it without a lawyer, but in your case I think you would need Frank Gallbally and a team of QC's, to tell you how you get custody of the monkeys.
A friend of mine, she done the same thing, so more than me has done it for $300.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 3 October 2013 9:36:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

What I said to you was unfair and after reading what you did, I apologise.

I suggest your case and your friend's might be exceptions though.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 3 October 2013 9:59:44 PM
OTB, I too appoligise as my post was terse, sarcastic and unfair.
In the case of divorce, if there is no children and custody issues and assets have been divided and you both are amicable, the steps to obtain a divorce are fairly straight forward. You download the forms, get then signed by a JP along with a form from your ex. You lodge it in the Family Court pay a once only fee of about $300, no blame involved and certainly no lawyer. In a couple of months after lodgement its all finalised, no appearance in court required, If things are less amicable and the lawyers get hold of it well then the sky's the limit on costs.
A couple of years back I was the executor for an estate worth less than a $1 million. A third party not mentioned in the will made a claim on the estate. The claim was erroneous, claiming dependency as a child on the deceased in the 1940's early 50's with affidavits based on fabrications. Contrary affidavits had to be prepared and mediation had to take place. To piss this person off cost a payout of $50 plus $70k legals fees, and it didn't even make it to court. If it had made it to the courts the legal fees alone could have run into $300k. Even though the claim was erroneous it wasn't worth the risk of court.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 4 October 2013 9:17:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy