The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bullying and Well-Being

Bullying and Well-Being

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
As long as there is money and/or sympathy in being bullied there will be "victims" and more so there will be the droves of "soft science junkies" hanging around the honey pot.
Like I say, If you have a real bully issue take it to the police, it's called assault.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Thursday, 11 July 2013 10:03:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just one comment - otherwise I'd be here all night...

A statement on the initial post: "As many know..i fully validate evolution of species BUT NOT EVOLUTION OF NEW GENUS..so i think this adds to my case if not please provide science..[name one evolutionarily new genus."

This is a misunderstanding of the difference between the nature of the categories species and genus. The species is the basic biological / evolutionary group. The genus is a human construct - a category for grouping species that are similar, and so are probably closely related (ie. evolved apart fairly recently).

A genus is fairly arbitrary and different biologists will create different genera by grouping related species in different ways. There are even terms for this: splitters v. lumpers. The former separate related species into lots of different genera, the latter are more parsimonious. Neither is right or wrong, and a biologist can use either version, stating (or implying) the system being followed. Over time, one version tends to get broadly accepted as the best way of categorising related species.

So if you look at older zoological papers, you'll find all the big kangaroos, big wallabies and some smaller wallabies were placed in the genus Macropus. Now they would be grouped into several genera: Macropus, Wallabia (or Protemnodon) and Thylogale (plus a couple of others I can't remember). In between, each of the big kangaroos, the greys, red and euro were for a time each put in a separate genera.

The only way genera 'evolve' is in the changing categorisation by biologists as knowledge and understanding improves.
Posted by Cossomby, Thursday, 11 July 2013 11:02:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dear Cossomby,you sound very knowledgeable to my topic
so i have replied you at the topic

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=5899#167011

further thoughts to this one
relate to the poor me..type dependent or vengeful persona
[some need to play the victim card..they cant help themselves
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 11 July 2013 11:41:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grouch Marx admirably and succinctly summed up the “bullying” nature of our souls with this line from one of his movies:

“Hey you big bully, leave that little bully alone.”
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 12 July 2013 9:17:43 AM
I'll do the survey, but I'll bet there's no question about the bullying that's intrinsic to some of the statutes we have to deal with as citizens, nor about the vicious bullying by organised mobbing of men like myself who have been vocal in pointing out some of the inequities that our feminist ideological social "justice" model perpetuates.
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 13 July 2013 2:12:59 PM
Well, I was wrong.
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 13 July 2013 6:46:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy