The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Choose Your Vaccine Carefully.

Choose Your Vaccine Carefully.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Dr Andrew Wakefield has done studies of the MMR vaccine and has found links to it and Autism.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7kbWfsygG4
In the early 1980's strains of the MMR vaccine had to be withdrawn because they were causing Meningitis.

The British Govt withdrew the singular proven measles vaccine and replaced it with the multiple measles, mumps rubella vaccine.Options for singular safe proven vaccines were withdrawn.

How do we hold our Govts accountable when effects from their ill planned health remedies take years to emerge and are almost impossible to prove.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 8:58:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's a little info on your Dr Andrew Wakefield and his discredited study.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/05/22/the-legacy-of-andrew-wakefield-continues/

"....Ultimately, MMR rates plummeted and the measles, vanquished in the U.K. in the 1990's, came roaring back to endemic levels within a decade."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/years-after-scare-linked-measles-shot-to-autism-unprotected-uk-children-drive-measles-spread/2013/05/20/73f4ac2a-c134-11e2-9aa6-fc21ae807a8a_story.html

"This year, the U.K. has had more than 1,200 cases of measles, after a record number of nearly 2,000 cases last year. The country once reported only several dozen cases every year. It now ranks second in Europe, behind only Rumania....."This is the legacy of the Wakefield scare," said Dr David Elliman, spokesman for the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, referring to a paper published in 1998 by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues that is widely rejected by scientists.....Britain's top medical board stripped Wakefield of the right to practice medicine in the U.K., ruling that he and his two colleagues showed a callous disregard" for the children in the study, subjecting them to unnecessary, invasive tests. As part of his research, Wakefield took blood samples fro children at his son's birthday party, paying them about 5 pounds each....and later joking about the incident." "

Next......
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 8:36:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank heaven that Bill Gates has the money and common sense to aim to eliminate common diabolical diseases via vaccination.
Hasn't Arjay noticed that Wakefield's study was completely discredited?

Very, very occasionally a vaccination appears to go wrong but the damage done on those rare occasions is miniscule compared to the overall benefits of immunisation. Arjay and his ilk should remember that, "After does not mean because." The opposite of that is the witch doctor's approach.

I am old enough to have known the fears of my parents in the 1930s that they might lose me to diphtheria, or tetanus, or polio or some other childhood disease.

My mother worked as the volunteer nurse, sterilizing needles and otherwise assisting the doctor at Thirroul Primary School, the day I remember getting a jab.
Posted by Foyle, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 10:37:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Jabbed – Love, fear and vaccines', which was on SBS last Sunday evening, explored the mooted connections between vaccines and conditions like autism and epilepsy and came to the conclusion that there is none, except that vaccines can occasionally trigger the onset of a genetic condition that would have become apparent in the relevant person very shortly afterwards in the absence of any vaccine application.

http://www.genepoolproductions.com/jabbed-love-fear-vacines/
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 11:52:15 AM
arjay, the existing thread is complemented by your one.
This one highlights the fact some expose children to needless danger on very little worth while evidence.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 3:13:06 PM
Arjay

a good friend of mine had ababy daugher who appeared healthy and then ended up with frequent fitting and severe disability just after being vacinated. They have had a torrid life caring for her despite their great love for her. I have always given the doctors the benefit of the doubt with vacanations although after seeing how dishonest many 'scienctist' have been with the gw scam it does concern that the whole truth is not out when it comes to vacinations.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 4:07:55 PM
Wakefield's research paper was retracted by Lancet

"In particular, the claims in the original paper that children were ‘consecutively referred’ and that investigations were ‘approved’ by the local ethics committee have been proven to be false. Therefore we fully retract this paper from the published record."

That is Wakefield had fudged his data to get the findings he wanted.

http://www.bmj.com/content/340/bmj.c696

But it gets worse.

Wakefield’s article linking MMR vaccine and autism was likely fraudulent

"Who perpetrated this fraud? There is no doubt that it was Wakefield. Is it possible that he was wrong, but not dishonest: that he was so incompetent that he was unable to fairly describe the project, or to report even one of the 12 children’s cases accurately? No. A great deal of thought and effort must have gone into drafting the paper to achieve the results he wanted: the discrepancies all led in one direction; misreporting was gross. Moreover, although the scale of the GMC’s 217 day hearing precluded additional charges focused directly on the fraud, the panel found him guilty of dishonesty concerning the study’s admissions criteria, its funding by the Legal Aid Board, and his statements about it afterwards."

http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452
Posted by Agronomist, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 5:36:26 PM
Between 1980 and 2003 they used thermasol, a preservative which contains Mercury. Mercury is highly toxic and attacks the nervous system..

In the early 80's they removed MMR vaccines because the Mumps strain was causing Meningitis. As Wakefield notes why have the courts on many occasions awarded victims of Autism compensation on the grounds causation by vaccines yet our Govts deny this association.

Wakefield is sticking by his guns and the British Govt has gagged him and no media will hear his case.

Foyle when big Pharma and Govts unite,the truth comes a poor second.

When getting vaccinated make sure you know exactly what's in the needle.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 7:42:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,

"....why have the courts on many occasions awarded victims of Autism compensation on the grounds of causation by vaccines...."

Which courts?

Where?

When?

Who?

I presume you've got some evidence for that statement?
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 7:51:16 PM
Arjay wrote:

"....why have the courts on many occasions awarded victims of Autism compensation on the grounds of causation by vaccines...."

The answer Arjay is they haven't. The Office of the Special Masters in the US (sometimes referred to as the vaccine court) has awarded exactly 1 lot of compenstaion out of more than 5000 claims of autisms supposedly caused by vaccines. That was the case of Hannah Poling. This young girl had a mitochondrial disorder that was inevitably going to result in an autism-like condition.

Arjay wrote:

"Wakefield is sticking by his guns and the British Govt has gagged him and no media will hear his case."

Which is also wrong. Wakefield left the UK voluntarily and went to the US. He frequently still gets in the media having only had an op ed published in one of the UK newspapers (The Independent) a few weeks ago. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/full-statement-by-mmr-scare-doctor-andrew-wakefield-the-government-has-tried-to-cover-up-putting-price-before-childrens-health-8570596.html
Posted by Agronomist, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:03:32 PM
Rubbish Arjay, I have personally met 3 families who didn't vaccinate their first child because of crackpots spreading rumours about vaccines, and their eldest children developed autism.

They certainly vaccinated their second children...
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:08:17 PM
Good evening folks...

We had all our kids vaccinated, and so have our grandchildren received the full suite of recommended vaccines too. I think there's always some measured risk in anything that you artificially introduce into your body ? And as parents we must weigh-up those risks, against the information and recommendations we receive, from Doctors in whose care we trust the health and welfare of our precious little infants.

When I was serving overseas with the military back in the middle sixties, I witnessed first hand some of the dreadful diseases and fevers that stuck down many Vietnamese kiddies, who perished simply because there was insufficient medical assistance available. Or because of some well founded superstition or ignorance, that failed to allay many of the fears their Mum might have. Of submitting their babies to this 'pressurised' form of (suspicious), 'Western' initiated Vaccination ?

That's why I'm so amazed in 2013, to hear that many, well informed educated mums, are NOT having their Bubs receive any of their recommended 'jabs' ? The risk of what you might contract as a result of NOT being adequately vaccinated, far outweighs all these other terrible things, that new medical studies are apparently proclaiming ! I think the more education we receive, the sillier we seem to have become !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 10:18:16 PM
I stand by my view, this thread is evidence of the unhinged nature of some so called professionals.
On such out right silly claims we in the west are seeing folk gambling with the very life of their children.
Having been a punter, betting on just about any race, I doubt many even understand, inflicting such a large bet, on children is more than this once gambler would ever do.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 30 May 2013 4:58:04 AM
I'm not saying don't get your children vaccinated.Put pressure on our Govts and big Pharma to give iron clad guarantees that due diligence had been done on any vaccines they are offering. Ask your Dr what preservatives are they using and are singular vaccines available.

Gulf War syndrome which affects the health of 1000's of Vets has not been resolved. Some say it is the vaccines and others the Depleted Uranium used in bombs, bullets and tank armour. It could be a combination of both. More soldiers have died by suicide than actual combat in Iraq. Why?

Autism rates have gone from 1 in 2500 in 1900 to today in the USA 1 in 54 and South Korea 1 in 36.What is causing it?

Our Govts have a long history of lies and deception. Standards of medicine in my opinion have fallen and big business has far more control over our Govts than 40 yrs ago. In a world perceived to be far too over populated, mass genocide can be seen as a planet saver. What better way to reduce pop than a engineered virus that takes years to debilitate or destroy your genetic integrity.

I don't know if Wakefield is being dishonest but I sure as hell know our Govts have a long history of it.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 30 May 2013 6:24:42 PM
Arjay,

"...What is causing it?..."

I think you'll find that there has been a vast increase in the numbers of children being identified, formally assessed and diagnosed.

My son is diagnosed as autistic...but he is quite mildly affected, and classified as "high-functioning".

30 years ago, he never would have been diagnosed.

It's the same for children who are diagnosed as having Asperger Syndrome (soon to be phased out in the DSM V in favour of a universal classification of autism)

So, Arjay, there are not necessarily more cases, just more recognition, in that now we try and do something for kids with a few challenges instead of just letting them sink or swim.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 30 May 2013 6:43:23 PM
Arjay, many of the claims you have made on this thread have been shown to be wrong. Does not that ever give you pause for thought?

The answers to your questions are:

"More soldiers have died by suicide than actual combat in Iraq. Why?"

Because war is hell and those involved in war suffer from post traumatic stress syndrome. This was called shell shock after WWI. We now know what it is, but sadly fail to treat it effectively.

"Autism rates have gone from 1 in 2500 in 1900 to today in the USA 1 in 54 and South Korea 1 in 36.What is causing it?"

Because diagnostic criteria have widened - it is now known as ASD and includes people who would not have been diagnosed under the criteria used 30 years ago. Also there are more and better Government programs encouraging diagnosis.
Posted by Agronomist, Thursday, 30 May 2013 7:27:26 PM
I've been shown to be wrong? Not so. http://www.chroniclewatch.com/politics/healcare-united-states-news/Italian-court-rules-mmr-vaccine-causes-autism/ Apparently this ruling has also happened in the USA.

So why the discrepency?
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 30 May 2013 9:26:29 PM
Really Arjay?
You got your 'proof' from a religious publication?

What about the autistic kids who never had the MMR vaccine then?
There are probably many more out there than we know too, given that the parents of non vaccinated kids tend to be a bit quiet about it after their kids develop autism or some infectious disease anyway...
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 30 May 2013 10:00:29 PM
SOL you seem to be taking this personally. I'm not saying there is one cause of autism, but I'm saying don't trust big pharma or our Govts when giving us remedies for our health problems.

We in the West live in an Oligarchy owned by bankers who create from nothing the money to equal our toil. They own you,me and our Govts.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 30 May 2013 10:24:12 PM
Arjay, of course nothing is perfect, including many medications.
However, I would still rather take my chances with vaccinations than not to.

Far more people have their lives improved and/or saved by modern medicines and healthcare than ever before in human history, so I don't think you need to be quite so worried about any sort of drug company/ medical conspiracies as you are...
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 31 May 2013 2:16:16 AM
SOL there are presently protests all around the planet over Monsanto and their GM crops. Big Pharma is no different. They'll get away with what ever they can if we don't hold them accountable.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 31 May 2013 6:39:47 PM
As a general rule, if Arjay introduces a topic it is bound to be a conspiracy theory, or along some such lines.

For Arjay the sky is ever-falling (plummeting actually) and he wants everyone to join him in rushing round like headless chooks.

For many years, I have been a member in pharmaceutical trials, in which vaccines and drugs (often already accepted overseas) are trialled before release to the Australian public. These trials have very many participants and are rigorously conducted.

I have never experienced any negative side effects whatsoever.

Currently, I am on a 2-year trial testing a vaccine for Avian flu. If it is proven safe - and none of use plunge off our respective twigs, or grow feathers - it will be released to the public. Lives will be saved who otherwise might have been lost.
Posted by Danielle, Monday, 3 June 2013 8:50:47 PM
Arjay,

Many people have reactions, even fatalities, to things that are completely harmless to the majority. For example peanuts or bananas.

This is undeniably sad.

There is always a risk for someone, some individual, in anything whether completely natural or man-made, which is either taken into the body or used externally. Whilst, unfortunate, this is a fact of life.

Ideally, a test should be developed to establish if a particular vaccine or drug will have an adverse effect on a person before being administered.

Already, any potential allergic reactions are recorded in a person's medical and dental files, along with current medications they are taking. This is to ensure that there is no conflict between these and a treatment given.
Posted by Danielle, Monday, 3 June 2013 9:08:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy