The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where exactly IS this country heading ??

Where exactly IS this country heading ??

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Praxidice remember the expresion the harder I worked the luckier i got.

For what its worth, I'm probably in a somewhat better state than most, semi-retired with no significant debts, new house with no mortgage, not 'rich' by any standards but largely self-sufficient & all that crap. I am however quite concerned about the state of the nation, the utter ineptitude of the political circus, the inaccessibility of justice etc and would dearly love to do something to help restore a semblance of decency / ethics/ accountability etc etc. Joining the political scrum really isn't an option as one needs to prostitute whatever principles simply to get preselected.

For what its worth, I did hold a party position several lifetimes back and have been asked several times to nominate. Whatever, I cannot imagine any situation where I'd play the major party games, so its a matter of seeking another way to get at the legal leeches & bloodsucking parasites. On the other hand, whatever one does is purely for ones own satisfaction & gratification. Australians generally being the unbelievably apathetic sheeple they are, its inconceivable that any effort expended in 'fixing' the political debacle would be appreciated. Look for example at how Pauline Hanson was treated. Love her or hate her, by far the most important thing she was attempting was to restore a measure of accountability. In my books, she should receive a knighthood or whatever for service to the Australian people. Note particularly that it wasn't a matter of re-instituting the white Australia policy, stopping ALL migration, exterminating aboriginies, or any of a zillion distractions dreamed up by her opponents, it was abou
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 8:52:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rant continued

To return to the subject at hand, is there any point in even thinking about the impending financial realignment / utterly crooked political circus / new world order / blah blah blah. The sheeple generally don't give a rats, they obviously rate the footbrawl, Home & Away or whatever that moronic 'lets wreck some poor mugs house' TV series more important than anything else. Those few who do even show an interest are generally haring off up some dry gully to do with FEMA camps or the Bilderbergs / Rothschilds / Queen Lizzie or chemtrails or some other equally hair-brained idea. Are there any halfway sane citizens left who can see we are heading for a disaster or have they all been nobbled like Pauline Hanson ?? Maybe its the fluoride in the water acting as a sedative as a few claim ... doesn't affect me because I haven't consumed 'town' water for yonks.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 8:55:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where exactly IS this country heading ??

I believe there is a continental drift of about 25mm North per century.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 9:45:59 AM
Ahem, SM... check bottom of p.2.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:05:17 AM
WmTrevor

Damn!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 1:01:46 PM
rehctub, you say "And to think this government see the miners as leaches, not paying their fair share."
I think the intent was to fairly tax the leaches like Twiggy, Gina and Clive who are creaming off such enormous earnings that they could not possible spend them except on copies of an antique ship.
Yes the miners themselves earn and spend money but even that is being hacked at by the push for flyin/flyout foreign workers.
The plaintive bleat that they cannot get skilled workers is a thinly disguised ploy to bring in workers that can be paid less than locals and give them even bigger profits,
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 14 May 2013 1:17:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All