The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Howard past it?

Is Howard past it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Its not Howard thats past it, it all his one time supporters here in OLO.

How boring to see them recycling themselves here as small 'l' liberals when for so long they loved nothing more than to support Howard's Right wing declarations and policies.

What a bunch of losers!
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 25 April 2007 1:50:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Howard may be wearing a little thin, but remove him from the leadership and you will be faced with the problems that the ALP has had since they last held power = no credible leader. Costello is assumed to be the natural successor, but people, consider that someone that is a good treasurer does not necessarily make a good leader. Costello's opposite is Simon Crean, who would not make a good leader for very similar reasons.

So the coalition has faced up to the fact that without Howard they would be guaranteed to lose at the election, and have kept him on.

Rudd, well I remember him appearing on the scene and said to myself at the time, that if the ALP have got a hope in Hades of winning, he'll be at the helm. They certainly havent put up a viable alternative. He may be comparatively young, but he also seems to be significantly cleverer than his colleagues - thats a bonus when you want to run the country!

Rudd will appeal to those traditional Labor voters who make enough money to be classed as the middle-class, and he will also appeal to more moderate Liberal/national voters, given that he is not hard-line Left. This is what is likely to land him in the top job, more than anything else.

The interesting thing will be this years Budget, due in just a couple of weeks. Will Costello hand out tax-cuts, or will he spend more to fund election promises?
Posted by Country Gal, Wednesday, 25 April 2007 2:26:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Howard past it?

Don't be so silly Belly. That's like saying the Osmonds and safari suits are out.

Why, just this morning I heard on the crystal set that he's still looking forward to yesterday and has an optimistic view of history.

Xenophobia is the new black, doncha know. Get with the hip and groovy Belly.
Posted by chainsmoker, Wednesday, 25 April 2007 3:31:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Howard is past it see his bit about the economy being more important than the environment?
Surely they are linked until death?
One day China will hit its reality bump in the road and we will hit it too.
The flow of taxes will stop and jobs will go in reverse, then we will all talk about John Howard's miss use of the good times.
By then John will be a hen pecked what ever beaten prime ministers become.
In times past poor direction and leadership from the ALP was Howard's best helper now its reversed.
Some one mentioned the worst leader we never had Simon Crean, I can only think of one use for the bloke ,as door stop for the party room.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 April 2007 8:26:51 AM
This thread is a bit like John Howard, it has run out of puff.
If his wife lets him John can spend more time in America with George and join us in wondering how he ever got so close to him or why?
Needs to be quick because like Howard Bush is no longer heard much without the areee gees why did he say that behind his back.
Johny even I would not have believed you could become so boring just 4 years ago.
And another 4? how many before you hand over to the King of sneer? 3 months?
By By Johny Good By.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 April 2007 5:14:06 PM
Belly Ask Yourself this. Who is going to be paying for Union members fees If labour is Elected?
Ah but you didnt know there is 'no restriction" on who they can ask to chip into the boys club.
You are all going on about the Ir Laws but not one of you have bothered to give a thought towards people who get ripped off by staff .

I think if you look you will find that Howard has said there are some cases that have been drawn to his attention that he would amend.

I am just wondering what more you want?

I mean I respectfully submitt to you we need to consider the men and women whom have provided us with work also.

How would you like to be told for example that you could not sack somebody who had just stollen from the till?

How would you like to be told you had to catch them three times.

If I employ a person I want the right to have direct working arrangments with them.

There is a skill shortage in Australia Belly and I can assure you most people treat their staff well.

Sure there will always be the people who do the wrong thing and we need laws to protect that I agree.
However look before you leap.
They have left the door open for us to be forced to top up their union funds.

Did you know that? Have you taken a close look?

I am certainly not happy with the Government especially the Nationals pushing their cruel Live Exports etc- However I think the change in law was required.

I know first hand how hard it is to get rid of a disruptive staff member.

This country is made up of small business belly.
Just check out the fact that the Australian people could be made to chip into the union kitty.
Its been left wide open Belly.
Why is that do you think?
Thats not playing fair and thats 'before' you get your wish.

Careful What You Wish for Belly.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 3 May 2007 5:36:21 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy